GE Powercall problem

rfd52fire

Oct 10, 2010
United States, Maryland
I have a GE powercall, that will not put out any sound. The siren gets power, and when the selector is turned on the red light in the middle of the siren lights up but the siren does not produce any sound at all. I was wondering if anybody knows what the problem could be/ if there was any way it could be fixed. Thanks.

Your best bet is to send it to an telecommunications store that can work on electronic sirens. When my Federal PA-20A 2D siren's WAIL tone went out, I found out from another board member that it was a capacitor. I tried to fix it myself with a new capacitor that matched the same requirements, but wound up disrupting a circuit path in the process. So I asked the same board member where I could get this problem fixed. He pointed me to here: http://www.cesys.net/. I sent in my Interceptor, and got it back in 10 days working like a charm again :thumbsup: .

That's what I would do in your case unless somebody here has an original GE Powercall siren install manual to diagnose the exact problem (but that's going to be hard to come by...). Good luck!

crescentstar69 said:
What did they charge for your repair?

Gosh, it's been a while since I had it done, at least 3 years. Since I had supplied the parts for them to re-install, I think it was under $30, maybe even less. It never hurts to call them and find out. Like I said, it was a while ago since I had my Interceptor fixed.

CrownVic97 said:
Gosh, it's been a while since I had it done, at least 3 years. Since I had supplied the parts for them to re-install, I think it was under $30, maybe even less. It never hurts to call them and find out. Like I said, it was a while ago since I had my Interceptor fixed.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see someone is still supporting the old stuff.

You may want to look into replacing a large transistor 1 on either side. This was a problem on this

Type of siren if they go the siren will have very low output audio. From what i understand they can be expensive to replace

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381