GMT900 Tahoe PPV POV Setup...Help Me Clean It Up!

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my POV set up and clean up the forward facing lights that are on it.  I have a bunch of different stuff, and while it certainly is bright, it looks a bit "random" right now.

I have a hardware list, and a video of where I am now...I'd love some help from the pro's regarding what I should do to clean it up.  Remove some lights?  Move some around?  Sync some stuff?  Let me know what yall recommend!

- Feniex Pegasus Split Light Bar (R-B-TD-R-TD  TD-R-TD-B-R)

- Whelen Dual Avenger ( R-B )

- SoundOff nForce ( R-B )

- Whelen Dominator 6 (RRR-BBB)

- Feniex HAW (White)

My initial ideas:

1) I might want to rearrange the Pegasus lights.  I was initially trying to keep red on each end, but I may move to BBBWW  WWRRR just to keep all of one color on one side of the vehicle

2) I like the avenger, but is it necessary?  Overkill?

3) Obviously I need to sync the nForce's.  Didn't know it was possible till yesterday.  Might disable one of each color so it's R on one side of the car, B on the other.

What else!

Note: I slowed the video down at 20 seconds so you can see patterns in more detail, and might give you a better idea of what should/can be synced.

http://youtu.be/dub-Ro7xoWA

Last edited by a moderator:

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
To me, everything behind the windshield looks good, the Pegasus could be slowed down a touch and re-arranged like you thought of, the grille area is WAY to cluttered and fast, I'd either keep and sync the nForce or relocate them to another part of the vehicle and keep the D6...

I'd even go as far as to say re arrange the d6 to be R--BR-B-R-B

I'd keep one warning device in the headlights, either the HLF and switch that to a traditional wig-wag or wig-wag->simultaneous flash and take out the hideaways or remove the HLF and keep the hideaways as a "wig-wag"

Just seems to cluttered and too fast in my own opinion

Reactions: tsquale

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I personally don't care for the look of having an interior warning bar AND and stick type bar down lower in the grille, if it was up to my I would keep the nForce and get rid of the d6...

Are you required/allowed/ and or have a need for rear warning?

Reactions: tsquale

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Pegasus RRRCC CCBBB (alternating all blue & all red)

Keep the Dual Avenger; i'ts not overkill

2 suggestions/thoughts on the grill:

1) move the nforce to the mirrors or elsewhere in the

vehicle** & move the D6 to the upper grill

2) keep lights where they are but apply a better sync with

the nforce (& keep the dominator alternating all blue/all

red)

Personally, I think LAWs are a waste in the DRL or turn signal housing of that generation tahoe when you have a HLF right above it (which drowns LAWs away at night). However, since you have them there already you can leave them as is, sell them for lighting to be used elsewhere, or move them to another place on vehicle (ie reverse light for dual function). Although I'm not usually a fan of clear/white to the rear, if u flash them slow (ie wigwag speed) I think they'd look nice with a pair of red LAWs in the rear turn signals (basically flashing like the traditional tahoe TLF but with red cannons alternating clear cannons to make it a hell of a lot brighter version of a TLF )

**other possible areas (assuming there isn't already sufficient side warning there) are: rear side windows, rear LP area, running boards, 2nd row side windows. Regardless of where you move the nforce, I'd sync the nforce to flash blue together then flash red together

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Pegasus RRRCC CCBBB (alternating all blue & all red)

Keep the Dual Avenger; i'ts not overkill

2 suggestions/thoughts on the grill:

keep lights where they are but apply a better sync with

the nforce (& keep the dominator alternating all blue/all

red)

Personally, I think LAWs are a waste in the DRL or turn signal housing of that generation tahoe when you have a HLF right above it (which drowns LAWs away at night). However, since you have them there already you can leave them as is, sell them for lighting to be used elsewhere, or move them to another place on vehicle (ie reverse light for dual function). Although I'm not usually a fan of clear/white to the rear, if u flash them slow (ie wigwag speed) I think they'd look nice with a pair of red LAWs in the rear turn signals (basically flashing like the traditional tahoe TLF but with red cannons alternating clear cannons to make it a hell of a lot brighter version of a TLF )

**other possible areas (assuming there isn't already sufficient side warning there) are: rear side windows, rear LP area, running boards, 2nd row side windows. Regardless of where you move the nforce, I'd sync the nforce to flash blue together then flash red together
I like this idea - I having an "all blue side" and an "all red side"...I think that makes the car look a lot cleaner.  The nForce's are R/B, and have a pattern that does just red, or just blue...is there a way to sync nForces with a D6?  That would be absolutely ideal.  

And I think you're right about the HAWs...and if I'm honest, my installer recommended that they go somewhere else as well, I'm just a stubborn moron.  I already have the factory TLF in the back but I could throw the HAWs in the top brake light alternating back and forth, since the TLF doesn't cover that one.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I agree with rearranging the Pegasus, other than that I would not change a thing. I can understand people commenting "cluttered," but personally I think it was done well.

Reactions: aggmeister2010

Cjkendall

Aug 14, 2013
New Jersey
I like it how it is, only thing I'd add is the whelen Fog light/Warning Lights combos. Otherwise set up almost like my truck, I'll take a video soon. You're pretty well covered.

Also, I like the looks of the SoundOff Intersectors, they look good on the Tahoes, especially if you add the whelen mirror beams as well

Mar 25, 2014
TX
I thought about doing the fog lights...I think I'm going to skip that.  I actually do have Intersectors below my mirrors, i was just too close to the car to see them in this video.

Please let me know when you take a video, I'm interested in seeing what you did!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I like this idea - I having an "all blue side" and an "all red side"...I think that makes the car look a lot cleaner. The nForce's are R/B, and have a pattern that does just red, or just blue...is there a way to sync nForces with a D6? That would be absolutely ideal.

And I think you're right about the HAWs...and if I'm honest, my installer recommended that they go somewhere else as well, I'm just a stubborn moron. I already have the factory TLF in the back but I could throw the HAWs in the top brake light alternating back and forth, since the TLF doesn't cover that one.
With strobe HAWs, you can put clear HAWs in the brake light, but with LAWs (LED HAWs) you have to match the color with the lense it's going behind, so clear cannons behind a red lense won't be optimal.

As for syncing the nforce & dominator, that'd look great if you can get it to work. I haven't tried hooking that combination of lights up to a separate LED flasher, so I dunno if u can sync it to have all blue/all red, but maybe one of the SOS installers can confirm if hooking the nforce & dominator to a ULF44 flasher

would allow you to sync the colors on the lightheads and D6

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I like the idea of the Whelen fogs.  I had them in my old Explorer.  You could rewire the D6 and then sync them with an external flasher.  I would go with just the D6 in the grill. I would also look for more colored heads for the Pegasus.  I am not a fan of a lot of white.  I would go with either just the HAWs or the HLF.   Keep all the red together and same with the blue.  The dash light you can go either way.

Reactions: Surgicalcric

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
are the nforce a split red blue as compared to the 12 diose version of them being a true split across the whole lighthead?

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
1. Rearrange the Pegasus to be RRRCCCCBBB and flash it half and half red against blue. 

2. Get rid of the nForce. Put them in the rear 3rd window or sell them.

3. Move the Dominator to the upper portion of the grill. 

I really like the Whelen fogs so I would consider adding those but you have sufficient warning with the equipment that's there now. What I would do if this were my vehicle is remove the dual avenger and add the Whelen fogs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.