Got a Dietz 7-40 Beacon

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Found a Dietz 7-40 beacon in Amber today local. It said make offer so I said 20 bucks and now it's mine. Just got to go get it, but it looks decent and old and worth 20 bucks I guess.

Are these very collectable? Eiher way I guess a nice old light in good shape is worth saving, plus I like how it has "made in USA" is stamped on it. A lost time, must be quite old I'm guessing 80's.Dietz740.jpg

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
It just says made in USA, it;s old has a chrome base, so it will make a nice shelf piece. She has another signal stat one I am geting too, already got one of those from her several months ago. Also she says her dad says he has a Andy Griffith cop car light I can look at.
LOL I'm hoping for a Mars 363 but I doubt it....whatever it is I will probably buy it tho. These people give em away.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
First, for $20 it's worth more than that in parts alone. Functioning and with an intact dome, I'd say it's easily a $60 beacon.

Second, no, not a hot collector's item, but they have not been made in a while, so one day they will be. Dietz was bought up and became a part of Signal-Stat in 1990. Signal-Stat became a part of Truck-Lite in 2003. I don't know when Truck-Lite discontinued production. The markings on yours place this one in the 1980 to 1990 production time frame. If you examine the motor, you may find a decal or ink markings indicating a year of manufacture.

Third, "A lost time, must be quite old I'm guessing 80's." a lot of us take offense at that remark. I was in college in the 80's and I remember when these were brand new and seen everywhere and I am not ol... well... ok, maybe I'm getting old too. ;)

Reactions: Eric2.0

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Third, "A lost time, must be quite old I'm guessing 80's." a lot of us take offense at that remark. I was in college in the 80's and I remember when these were brand new and seen everywhere and I am not ol... well... ok, maybe I'm getting old too. ;)
Nah don't be offended! I'm not as young as you all think! I know I can seem that way, but it's my child like enthusiasm talking about emergency lights on here.

I'm 43!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nah don't be offended! I'm not as young as you all think! I know I can seem that way, but it's my child like enthusiasm talking about emergency lights on here.

I'm 43!
43? I wouldn't mind being 43 again.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC

I'm 43!

I was just joking around, I'm not at all offended. I actually chuckled when I read your post!

stay safe
Bob

Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.