Got an old OSP Impala running after sitting for 20 years!

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
Friend and I got this puppy running again today(took us yesterday and today). Went through the fuel system, changed the oil, and put a new battery in. Fired up.

It's an 84 Oregon State Police impala. We are going to have it all finished with lights and decals by Aug 1st.

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_1984_20OSP_20Impala_P1010049_zps5454be7f.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_1984_20OSP_20Impala_P1010057_zps786202d9.jpg

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_1984_20OSP_20Impala_P1010043_zps5cf29510.jpg

Even have original OSP lightbars :D

ai1171.photobucket.com_albums_r546_TheCopFoxStop_1984_20OSP_20Impala_P1010016_zpsf77f93da.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im definately digging those tires!

Can't wait to see this one finished!

I loved the old Box Cars! I can't wait to see her restored. By the way, you have some marker lights burned out in addition to a headlight :)

MtnMan said:
Very coool.

But, uh, WTH is sticking out of the driver's door in the first pic?

The head of a man being attacked, and frankly beaten into the ground, by camera blur.

Are you able to see the original poster's e-mail address being a moderator? Maybe send them an e-mail saying people are interested in what happened! I know I turned off my e-mail notifications as I was getting too many at the time.

Not to go off topic but go rhino has put their Impala push bars on clearance on certain ones a buddy of mine bought one for his recent Impala before they stop doing them for under $100 plus shipping hell of a steal right now if it's still there..

Not to go off topic but go rhino has put their Impala push bars on clearance on certain ones a buddy of mine bought one for his recent Impala before they stop doing them for under $100 plus shipping hell of a steal right now if it's still there..
Price increased

Attachments

• pb.JPG
    pb.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 6
  • pb2.JPG
    pb2.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 7
Actually it appears as though they sold out of the last of their clearance bars and I didn't know that sorry they had quite a few there.

Probably better off that way. I would have to get another Impala to use it.
Well since the nose end of it is pretty much a brick nose why not go with the crown Vic one I think it's got the height for the bumper on it for the lower end you just might need to find a different connection point for it you might be able to have somebody make up some brackets for you of quarter inch steel and bend them to where you need to tomato up to the go rhino bar...

Is the CB channel sticker something they used to use or is it just from the collector?

Is the CB channel sticker something they used to use or is it just from the collector?
Thats what OSP would put on their cars in the late 70s-mid 90s when they had CBs in each car. 9 was emergency, 17 was main highway channel, and I think 19 was also but cant remember for sure

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minnesota_em_vehicles