Green/Amber dual color anywhere? And where to find green mini bar?

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Christmas is coming and I'm looking to get my Dad an LED mini-bar for his truck. He works construction by day and does volunteer EMS (green in IN) by night, and plows in the winter. A green and amber dual color bar would be awesome. If I could find somewhere that makes a mini bar with a dual switch to independently control the two colors, it would be perfect. Does anyone know of such a thing, or somewhere that could make one?

Also since I know it's a long stretch, who has just green mini bars readily available? All I can find is the newer SVP m-tech bar and I was not impressed with the one I saw in amber. Very weak output. Any ideas? Thank all!

A-TAD

May 21, 2010
South Eastern PA
I was just wondering earlier today if Whelen made green 500 series led modules as I want to put them into a Responder shell I have.

It is the 1st series Responder shell that takes the 500 series with the tabs on them.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
PM sent on green mini.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Feniex minibar can be ordered in green. Green/amber isn't a duo color that you'll find in a minibar, let alone in independent color activation. Whelen does offer green in some of its full size bars (Libby, justice), but IF you could custom order a mini green through a dealer, I'm betting that it would cost a pretty penny.

I'd honestly get a decent amber mini bar (tons to choose from) and a decent, economy green dash light (ie AWL pulse two) for your dad.

I personally am not a fan of green warning lights flashing to the rear in the US (except an IC beacon) cuz I always think that some dip$hit is gonna think that traffic lights now flash in a strobe pattern and are mounted on vehicles (rather than realizing it's a parked vehicle with green flashing lights), and punch the gas pedal, so I think a green dashlight would be plenty of green.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
pdk9 said:
Feniex minibar can be ordered in green. Green/amber isn't a duo color that you'll find in a minibar, let alone in independent color activation. Whelen does offer green in some of its full size bars (Libby, justice), but IF you could custom order a mini green through a dealer, I'm betting that it would cost a pretty penny.

I'd honestly get a decent amber mini bar (tons to choose from) and a decent, economy green dash light (ie AWL pulse two) for your dad.

I personally am not a fan of green warning lights flashing to the rear in the US (except an IC beacon) cuz I always think that some dip$hit is gonna think that traffic lights now flash in a strobe pattern and are mounted on vehicles (rather than realizing it's a parked vehicle with green flashing lights), and punch the gas pedal, so I think a green dashlight would be plenty of green.

Yeah well that's fine except the county next to us (tompkins) they are tioga IE: Candor runs green for their ambulance crews and I think they might be the only ones who do. And besides nobody even knows what a green light is for let alone blue and pull over for one. And it's in the light law about green for ambulance only.

Personally I would like to see it dropped and go to green for IC myself but that's another battle left to others.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
chief1565 said:
Yeah well that's fine except the county next to us (tompkins) they are tioga IE: Candor runs green for their ambulance crews and I think they might be the only ones who do. And besides nobody even knows what a green light is for let alone blue and pull over for one. And it's in the light law about green for ambulance only.
Personally I would like to see it dropped and go to green for IC myself but that's another battle left to others.

He's not in central NY, and he specifically requested green warning lights because that is the EMS color for his father's area (IN).

I have lived in New York State for 25 years, and I've only seen 2 POVs in person with green VAS lights in that entire time. I personally don't like green for use as a warning lights either (and I know ppl that are VAS-only that use blue b/c nobody knows what green is), but since the OP requested green for use in his state, I simply recommended a green option.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
pdk9 said:
He's not in central NY, and he specifically requested green warning lights because that is the EMS color for his father's area (IN).

I have lived in New York State for 25 years, and I've only seen 2 POVs in person with green VAS lights in that entire time. I personally don't like green for use as a warning lights either (and I know ppl that are VAS-only that use blue b/c nobody knows what green is), but since the OP requested green for use in his state, I simply recommended a green option.

Yes i know where he is and I sent a PM regarding a green light. And I've been here 38 out of my 54 yrs and all Candor uses is green for their amblulance service members.

You can ask wdfd24 who's W.Danby's 1st Asst.Chief who deals with them. And his uncle from Danby who is the chief and a mamber here.

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California
I'm not a fan of green lighting for EV runs, wish ambulance/doctor agencies would stick with red or blue. But I will say I'm a fan of blue & green!

Sorry to go off topic. Continue...

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What about ordering a bar that is amber with takedowns, but just having green lights wired to the takedown function? (feniex you can do this I think cause the TD's flash the pattern selected)

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
If you pick up a mini liberty I can change modules for you. You could run amber corners and green inners

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.