Green Feniex Cannon

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Hey guys so I was able to get Feniex to produce 1 cannon with green (it's a white/green ) to be exact. The only problem is they keep telling me that there isn't enough demand for them to produce the cannon with green. I think if people call and ask them directly for green they might start to produce them in the future. What do you guys think?

Reactions: tsquale

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
 The only problem is they keep telling me that there isn't enough demand for them to produce the cannon with green. I think if people call and ask them directly for green they might start to produce them in the future. What do you guys think?
I think that says it all right there. It costs them money to produce and keep them in stock. If there is no demand it is wasted money. It may cost the consumer a little more for a "custom run" of a limited number, or as requested, but to produce and keep stock of green, well....

I think if "enough" people called, they would produce the quantity that had been requested. Green is not a "normal/regular" warning color, not cost-effective form a business perspective.

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
I wish they would as well. there is currently 20 000 apx volunteer or part time fire fighters in Ontario that run green. I have previously contacted feniex about this when the cannon and Apollo were released and was told that they had no interest so the fact that you got a one off green/white cannon angers me and makes me want it all at the same time

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Zapp really hit the nail on the head. There just isn't a lot of demand for green to spite what people think. Axixtech used to offer a ton of green stuff but cut back to only a handful of products a few years back because they didn't sell. Whelen offers green as a special order and with an up charge. Not arguing that there aren't people out there using green but the sales just don't add up to the cost of manufacturing and stocking it.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I wish they would as well. there is currently 20 000 apx volunteer or part time fire fighters in Ontario that run green. I have previously contacted feniex about this when the cannon and Apollo were released and was told that they had no interest so the fact that you got a one off green/white cannon angers me and makes me want it all at the same time
And how many times have people expressed interest in purchasing something here to a member, and never followed through with it. Unless there was payment ahead of time with the "interest" expressed to any manufacturer, for all they know, hypothetically, all 20,000 people you mentioned could say they wanted 1 single Cannon in Green, and when Feniex manufacturers over 20,000 (extra, replacements whatever you want to call it) and half, or all back out before they pay, who's pocket does that come out of?

Interest is one thing. As the adage goes:

"Money talks, B******* walks!"

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
pretty much. I just recently sold the last of my Feniex Fairies in Green. That I had for two years.... 

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
If I can get committments of 100 units, I can have custom runs built of Green/White or Green.    So.. call the 20,000 Firefighters in Ontario and tell em!

Reactions: Core Public Safety

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I have some security companies that would be interested in these... Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to make a run or two and just have them available instead of making a special run every few months?

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I offer my AWL Burst LED Hide Aways in green, and many of my other AWL brand LEDs in green. They definitely don't sell too often. I can usually get away with only having 20-30 of the hide aways in stock and rarely run into backorders. Even though there are seemingly tens of thousands of people using green lighting, I haven't seen too high of a demand for it

Reactions: strobecrazy
Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
I offer my AWL Burst LED Hide Aways in green, and many of my other AWL brand LEDs in green. They definitely don't sell too often. I can usually get away with only having 20-30 of the hide aways in stock and rarely run into backorders. Even though there are seemingly tens of thousands of people using green lighting, I haven't seen too high of a demand for it
There is your reason why.   If SOOO many people use green, why can't we get rid of our green inventory?? 

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
There is your reason why.   If SOOO many people use green, why can't we get rid of our green inventory?? 
Because the "EVERYONE would buy this!!" crowd really doesn't have the first damn clue. I used to be like that so I get it, but it will take them a few years to fully appreciate that just because THEY want something, and maybe a few of their buddies want something, does NOT translate into "twenty thousand people WILL buy this".

Feniex and the other manufacturers who say "there isn't enough demand" have a LOT of statistical data to back that claim up. Businesses exist to make money. If there was money in it, they'd be doing it. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SirenWorld.com

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Because the "EVERYONE would buy this!!" crowd really doesn't have the first damn clue. I used to be like that so I get it, but it will take them a few years to fully appreciate that just because THEY want something, and maybe a few of their buddies want something, does NOT translate into "twenty thousand people WILL buy this".

Feniex and the other manufacturers who say "there isn't enough demand" have a LOT of statistical data to back that claim up. Businesses exist to make money. If there was money in it, they'd be doing it. Period.
+1 . And, as with any idea that anyone comes up with, people generally think that XYZ is a good idea b/c they themselves, either consciously or subconsciously, want it so badly (if they didn't want it, then they wouldn't have convinced themselves that it was such a good idea). And, if something like green truly was in such high demand, feniex would've heard from dozens of its distributors "Hey, I've seriously got a lot of ppl asking me for this."

Theoretically, there are tons of potential applications (since there are cities or states list green as a warning color for certain uses in their V&T laws) but they are very limited. For example, NYS was listed above b/c it's technically a VAS POV color...i lived in 5 counties in NYS over a period of 22 years, and I can honestly tell you that I've never seen a POV respond with green (I've only seen 2 green teardrops not in use). Aside from green command beacons, the only other times I've seen green used in the U.S. was on Illinois-area apparatus, where 1-2 lightheads in the front of the apparatus and maybe one beacon on the roof displayed green (never for a LAW though). Now I'm not saying there's absolutely no use for them, b/c there is a use for everything (somewhere down the road), but you'd be taking the already-limited demand for green and looking at even a smaller fraction of that demand as your "target group/customer"

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
to resurrect the thread, in so far as I know, FEVER has green/white 120s in stock now. Im sure Nic will be along to confirm this

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
to resurrect the thread, in so far as I know, FEVER has green/white 120s in stock now. Im sure Nic will be along to confirm this
Yes... we do stock them.  We aim to stock more variations in time.   

Reactions: Phoenix_Rising

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.