Guess this car!

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
Saw this little guy on Interstate 94 between Fargo and Jamestown. Dude driving it looked like a cop with the shaved head, navy blue polo and oakleys.

Unsure of what dash/deck lights it has, but there's one on the driver's side rear headliner and on the passenger side front headliner. Also had intersectors on the mirrors.

20140425_151950_Android.jpg

20140425_152012_Android.jpg

20140425_152403_Android.jpg

20140425_152400_Android.jpg

20140425_152036_Android.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
TritonBoulder47 said:
Its an Impala... lol
I knew someone was going to say that...I meant whether LE/EMS/FED/whatever. I guess I

ll be more specific from now on.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
21st century Bluesmobile?

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Whether it's an agency unit or a POV, they've done a good job of keeping it stealth. I can't see any of the lights in the photos.

If you get a chance to see it again, drive by it real fast. If he pulls you over.....you'll know for sure! :p

partss11

May 24, 2010
Arizona
AZ non-government plate... Vol. Fire/EMS here don't get to have lights so it's either an ADOT car, Sheriff's Posse member or just someone who likes lights.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
partss11 said:
AZ non-government plate... Vol. Fire/EMS here don't get to have lights so it's either an ADOT car, Sheriff's Posse member or just someone who likes lights.

That's surprising that AZ with its wide-open spaces like Texas doesn't allow volunteers the use of lights and/or sirens. As far back as I can remember, vollies here have always been allowed lights and sirens. Nowadays its almost a requirement. I've noted on other threads that if volunteers have to respond, it has to be full Code 3. Texas used to allow lights only, but because of increased mvas, they have to have both lights and sirens. And Texas is one state that will stop motorists and ticket them for failure to yield right of way to an emergency vehicle, which includes volunteer POVs while responding.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
partss11 said:

What are you talking about??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is in ND, and with ND plates to boot.

:weird:

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
TheGatekeeper said:
Please enlighten me : what is a Sheriff Posse, and what would be their prerogatives ?

It is a program ran in Maricopa County, Arizona. Here's a quick explantation by AZEMT:

The posse program is kind of unique to AZ and other western states I think. Maricopa County makes liberal use of it. Under the AZ Constitution, a county sheriff can call upon any citizen to assist them (think old west stuff). When this is done, the citizen has police powers for that specific task as directed. The posse formalizes that. We go through an application process including criminal history, fingerprints, etc. We wear the same uniform as a deputy, except the badge says posse instead of deputy sheriff. We are civilians, but when directed by a sworn deputy sheriff, we have the same authority as a peace officer by law only for the activity authorized at that time. Off duty we have no peace officer status or authority. MCSO also has reserve deputies that are full authority peace officers.

MCSO has established a training program that allows us to carry OC, handcuffs, baton, Taser, and even firearms if we can shoot the same course of fire as a peace officer with a passing score.

Possemen assist deputies by riding as a second man in a unit, doing prisoner transports, traffic control, etc.

My unit, medical rescue, assists deputies in the Lake Patrol division of MCSO, on the chain of lakes outside Phoenix created by the damming of the Salt River. We provide EMS first response as well since fire dept response times are extended in the area, from 15 mins to 1 hour depending on location.

Hope that helps clarify.
They have multiple divisions: Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse

Some members have POVs used while they are working and they're set up pretty nice.

partss11

May 24, 2010
Arizona
rwo978 said:
What are you talking about??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

This is in ND, and with ND plates to boot.

:weird:

My mistake, so used to seeing purple mountains in the bottom left corner that the purple buffalo threw me for a loop. Can't remember the last time I saw a ND plate either.

Good find on the posse explanation. The valley agencies seem to let their members do a lot more than other counties. A lot of county SAR teams in AZ are made up of posse members though.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
timlinson said:
It is a program ran in Maricopa County, Arizona. Here's a quick explantation by AZEMT:

They have multiple divisions: Maricopa County Sheriff's Posse

Some members have POVs used while they are working and they're set up pretty nice.

I like the sheriff's posse comment, since they're quite common here in TX. Ector County (Odessa) for many years had a sheriff's posse jeep patrol, and all their jeeps were equipped with lights and sirens. But 90% of what you saw out of them was for parades, etc.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Just remember if the Sheriff says form a posse. You form the right posse and the French pronunciation of posse. :D

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
chief1565 said:
Just remember if the Sheriff says form a posse. You form the right posse and the French pronunciation of posse. :D

Cute, Paul! That's like an old blooper I heard on the radio many years ago. An outlaw gang is on the run and the leader of the gang suddenly hollers, "Watch out! Here comes the sheriff with his possum!"

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Skip Goulet said:
Cute, Paul! That's like an old blooper I heard on the radio many years ago. An outlaw gang is on the run and the leader of the gang suddenly hollers, "Watch out! Here comes the sheriff with his possum!"

The one I saw was about the same only. Sheriff finds the outlaw hang out tell the deputy go back to down and get a posse made up. And the the deputy returns with a bunch of cats. And the sheriff yells I said posse not pussy.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
chief1565 said:
The one I saw was about the same only. Sheriff finds the outlaw hang out tell the deputy go back to down and get a posse made up. And the the deputy returns with a bunch of cats. And the sheriff yells I said posse not pussy.

I'm surprised he didn't come back with the other kind of pussy. Then they'd all be arrested for running a cat house! :p

Sorta reminds me of a professor we had a Texas Tech....Dr. Hsia (prounced "shaw"). He was from China, and while he spoke English rather well, a few words he mispronounced. Here's a couple that almost had his students on the floor! He made a comment about a trip he'd made to Russia. He was upset that he couldn't find any pussy anywhere. He was trying to say "Pepsi"! Then one summer it turned out that he was the only professor in the office one day who could do student counseling. A married couple came in. He was working on a doctorate, and she on her master's. So he says, "It's so nice you come to Texas Tech. Now tell me, in which area are you going to fuck us?" Both of them turned a bright red and started to leave until a young girl in the office explained that he was trying to say "focus". Hmmmm! :eek:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.