Hand-held controller?

ShadesBorg

May 23, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

I'm working on putting together an install right now and I think I've got everything figured out except the controller/switches for the lights. I'm ideally looking for something hand-held, like this:

ai.imgur.com_WTv5ETU.jpg

Yes, I know its a massage chair remote, but its the best example I could find as far as the physical form factor I'm after.... Does any such device exist? Thus far the closest thing I've been able to come up with is this:

http://www.911signalusa.com/911-990-switch-p-94.html

Ideally I'm looking for something with at least 6 buttons; half of the buttons will be used for on/off functionality while the other half will be for changing flash patterns.

If it makes any difference, here is a list of the actual lights I'll be using:

10x LAMPHUS SnakeEye II-6W SEHA16 REV.1 6W LED Hideaway Strobe Warning Light

2x LAMPHUS CosmicRay CRLH06 6W LED Linear Strobe Warning Light Head

I'm pretty new to this type of thing so if I've overlooked something please feel free to let me know; any & all feedback is certainly appreciated!

Thanks!

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Whelen HHS2200 is the best Hand Held Siren out there a little pricey but well worth it 200 watt siren with tons of diffrent tones to choose from and fully programmable.

ShadesBorg

May 23, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response; I actually don't need any type of siren functionality; the vehicle will have lighting only... With that said, could all of the buttons be easily programmed to control lighting or are some of the buttons "hard-coded" for siren functionality only?

Thanks!

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Yes just remove all of the siren functions in the programing and you would have 12 buttons to play with. The HHS has 8 15amp outputs to choose from so you could have all of your lights on their own output and have a few buttons turn on different combos for diffrent scenarios

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
LCS869 remote siren is awesome and it has like over 10 siren tones you can use even mechanical tone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.