Hard Core imposter arrestead in NJ

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Holy Mother!! :eek: :eek:Thank God he's off the street!! :D :D

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So ultimately this guy got busted for not legally able to possess a firearm correct? ...well its NJ so nobody can legally have a firearm..

I admit the other things listed are cause to be concerned, but is any of it illegal? Badges, lights, equipment?

The IDs probably aren't legal, but just about anyone with access to a program like photoshop, or gimp could cobble one together.

Was he caught actually impersonating an officer? This guy seems like he put alot of effort into this one...

NY SPCA.... lol

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
So ultimately this guy got busted for not legally able to possess a firearm correct? ...well its NJ so nobody can legally have a firearm..
I admit the other things listed are cause to be concerned, but is any of it illegal? Badges, lights, equipment?

The IDs probably aren't legal, but just about anyone with access to a program like photoshop, or gimp could cobble one together.

Was he caught actually impersonating an officer? This guy seems like he put alot of effort into this one...

NY SPCA.... lol

According to the article, the guy told the hotel manager that he was a LEO (probably wanting a LE discount), so that is impersonation. He told a responding LEO that he was Police, and showed a badge and ID for NY SPCA. His car was whacked out with lights, siren, and video. He is a convicted felon, so that means no fire arm, no ammunition, and five years federal as well as whatever charges NJ has about firearms! The black jack is illegal as well. All the 'Official Business' vehicle placards are forged, and with most cities or states, that is forging an official document, which I bet are felonies. I know the suspect at one time sold replica LAPD Adam 12 and Dragnet badges, which CA finally made illegal in their state. The NY and other badges will be subject to whatever laws NJ has about badges.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Great. I guess I'm not gonna be getting that official Wyatt Earp engraved badge I ordered from him last week.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Is it just me...... but he looks like a chomo...

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
So ultimately this guy got busted for not legally able to possess a firearm correct? ...well its NJ so nobody can legally have a firearm...
Wow! Do you suppose he even went so far as to have hollow-point ammunition? :eek:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Among other items that Kaiser said were seized: handcuffs, a bullet-proof vest, pepper spray, a gas mask, a blackjack, a nightstick, badge-engraving equipment and nearly 100 bogus badges from the FBI, Department of Defense, NYPD and other agencies.

Along with any ammunition and firearms, the vest, blackjack, and nightstick are all illegal for a felon to posses. Most states have long ago banned blackjacks. Batons are regulated to LE and SG use only in most states.

Video of the car, with terrible rats nest of wires! As well as close ups of other items.

Man accused of impersonating a police officer | 7online.com

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
HILO said:
... Video of the car, with terrible rats nest of wires! ...

Well that, in itself, was enough for the ELB enforcement division to effect an arrest. :bonk:

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
JazzDad said:
Well that, in itself, was enough for the ELB enforcement division to effect an arrest. :bonk:

The sad part is, by nature of this site, I'd imagine there was enough LE on here to make an arrest of an impersonator in 90% of the US (The 10% would likely fall into a state that LE didn't have statewide arrest powers and we didn't happen to have a member from that county or city...) Coordinated #ImposterHunting!

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
minig0d said:
The sad part is, by nature of this site, I'd imagine there was enough LE on here to make an arrest of an impersonator in 90% of the US (The 10% would likely fall into a state that LE didn't have statewide arrest powers and we didn't happen to have a member from that county or city...) Coordinated #ImposterHunting!

This is kind of funny coming from someone that has red and blue lights on a black Tahoe, and no one here can confirm that you are actually work for any kind of law enforcement agency.

AZEMT

May 21, 2010
Phoenix, AZ USA
Mrlunchbox said:

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals had a law enforcement division that handled all the animal cruelty investigations in NYC...there was a show about them on Animal Planet channel for a while. The article says the agency doesn't exist, which I thought was odd, but apparently true. Looks like they closed down in January and those duties went back to NYPD.

ASPCA closes storied enforcement unit in NYC

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
AZEMT said:
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals had a law enforcement division that handled all the animal cruelty investigations in NYC...there was a show about them on Animal Planet channel for a while. The article says the agency doesn't exist, which I thought was odd, but apparently true. Looks like they closed down in January and those duties went back to NYPD.

ASPCA closes storied enforcement unit in NYC

In all honesty, I was waiting for something bad to happen to one of them. They ran around in cars marked real similar to NYPD, and uniforms that were identical, including patches and badges that were identical except they said ASPCA instead of police. Ultimate whacker's dream.

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
It's a pity, those badges will probably end up being destroyed. They'd go great in my patch/badge collection.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhaberny

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.