Hardin County Sheriffs Dept. 2007 Mustang Shelby GT

Knight347

Oct 25, 2012
Murfreesboro TN
Hardin County Sheriffs Dept. Brought us this 2007 Mustang to Up fit for their DARE Program, credit for the build goes to Me,with a slight touch of assistance from Jesse on the hood scoop, I was told I did a hell of a job at making it appear stealthy.

Equipment:

Federal Signal 650 Siren

Federal Signal Micro Pulse 6s in Hood scoop and Rear Quarter Windows

Feniex Cannons in white in headlight housings

Feniex Cannons in red in four segments of the tail lights

10 Feniex Cannons in blue around under side mounted flush in the Front and Rear Bumper covers and Rocker Panels

Feniex Cobra 400 sticks in front window visor area

Feniex Cobra 800 sticks in rear window with the upper set up for Traffic Advisor function

now on with the pics

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Nice to see some Hardin County love on the board! My entire family is from Hardin County, with much of them in the Walnut Grove and Savannah area. I did a ride along with my cousin's husband, last year, as he is a deputy for the Sheriff's office and I was then an active police officer. I helped him with a lot of the secondary warning on his slick top CVPI (TOMAR and Feniex products). Good work!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Man, that looks horrible and so tacky!!!

...just kidding, that looks great bro! Cannons look cool on the underside (although I wouldn't expect them to really be noticed outside on a sunny day) and the car itself screams badass. I want a Shelby GT with lights and sirens!!!

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Love the install and love seeing Mustangs as cop cars in general(although I'm partial to the 90's model.) Only things I don't like are the lights in the hood scoop and all the Cannons mounted on the underside. Everything else looks great and it is a very stealthy build. You said the top Feniex bar in the back is for traffic function, is that a dual color bar or only blue, and if so can you turn the bottom bar off separate from the top? Just asking because that would seem confusing and hard to tell that the top bar is a traffic bar unless amber or even red.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Looks like a nice install good patterns and placement. I don't really think the cannons fit in on the under body but then again this is a DARE vehicle so it won't be primarily used for patrol/traffic. Great job

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Sweet looking ride. The air sweep lights look a bit dim but that's minor because you have ample lighting to the front anyways.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
The county that this sheriff's office serves is extremely rural. There are around 25,000-27,000 people in the entire county. The department itself is comprised of just a handful of deputies (who work hand in hand with the city of Savannah, TN police department - a city of only about 7,000 people). This vehicle is being used as a DARE car and ONLY as a DARE car. It's meant to get the attention of kids, not to be used in actual law enforcement activities. I know many of the officers and deputies in the county well. Aside from a shooting at the 1 high school in the county a few years back, it's a very quiet, close-knit community. The officers don't get a lot of "extras" that you'd see in bigger communities, so something like this is a feather in the cap to all of them. I'm happy to see them get it!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
FreshDave04 said:
The county that this sheriff's office serves is extremely rural. There are around 25,000-27,000 people in the entire county.

Uh... :weird: The population density is 44/sq mi.

Highland County, VA has a population density of 5/sq mi... and it's not even out west. Please define extremely rural?

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
nerdly_dood said:
Uh... :weird: The population density is 44/sq mi.

Highland County, VA has a population density of 5/sq mi... and it's not even out west. Please define extremely rural?

Meaning that aside from Savannah (the county seat), the population is found in small pocket "communities", at different corners of the county. These communities are separated by large swathes of farmland, wooded parcels, etc. Almost 600 square miles to cover for a about 4-5 deputies, per shift.

Also by "extremely rural" - I have family members who still didn't have indoor plumbing until about 15yrs ago!

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
hitman38367 said:
I live next door in McNairy Co. and I am looking forward to seeing this piece of work when I get over the river next time.

So you can attest to how large the county is and how spread out the population is! ;0)

I think we're headed down to visit over the 4th of July. The next time I'm down, we'll have to meet up for a meal! We've done a bit of business in the past with you (TOMAR products mostly, if memory serves). It'll be nice to put a face to the name.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Note to self: When next in Hardin County, do NOT try and street race any mustangs.. :p

On another note, the install looks great! I love the lights in the hood scoop, and the overall install looks very stealthy and well done.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
FreshDave04 said:
Meaning that aside from Savannah (the county seat), the population is found in small pocket "communities", at different corners of the county. These communities are separated by large swathes of farmland, wooded parcels, etc. Almost 600 square miles to cover for a about 4-5 deputies, per shift.

Also by "extremely rural" - I have family members who still didn't have indoor plumbing until about 15yrs ago!

This is Highland County's biggest town. Your argument is invalid. monterey va - Google Maps

And for your convenience, the outline of the county's borders. highland county va - Google Maps

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
FreshDave04 said:
I wouldn't say my "argument is invalid". I didn't say it was the most underpopulated county in the country, LOL. Not sure how I got you so butt hurt, but I guess to each their own.

:rolleyes:

I never said my butt was hurt, I just feel like telling everyone how wrong they are today, especially if they don't deserve it. ;)

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
nerdly_dood said:
I never said my butt was hurt, I just feel like telling everyone how wrong they are today, especially if they don't deserve it. ;)

I'm not wrong in saying that Hardin County is a very rural county/area. I practiclly grew up there. Nowhere did I compare or contrast it to any other part of the country.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Those poor, poor, poor Cannons on the underside!!! Can I make a humane rescue and give them a better home?????

Last edited by a moderator:

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
You did a really nice job installing the lights. The only thing I am not a fan of is the flash patterns but that's because I am not a feniex fanatic. So its personal choice thing. Nice job!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.