Has anyone heard anything about the Extreme Tactical Dynamics ET-7 Dash Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
The light itself, if you get a working one, is superior to almost all of their other products and is about the ONLY E.T.D. product that might be suitable for use. I've got one in R/B that I purchased several years ago before I knew any better. It has lenses that "focus" the light output, and they are indeed pretty bright. A LOT better than their OKTAG stick, for instance, which I also purchased before knowing better.

The problem with my ET-7 light was that it wouldn't change patterns when it arrived from the factory. I tried for two weeks to get someone to answer the phone, and when that wasn't successful I bit the bullet and took the light apart myself. Turned out that during assembly, the trigger wire from the pattern switch got stripped so when I pushed the button to change patterns, it shorted out and didn't change anything. I applied electrical tape to the bare spot and the patterns changed just fine after that. The light continues to work and is still bright, a little over two years later (but not on my cruiser). When I finally got someone to answer the phone and bitched about it, "Chris" told me that since I fixed it myself rather than sending it back for warranty work I could have 20% off on my next order. I never bothered to place another order.

This is just one example of the shoddy quality that goes into their products. The OKTAG stick is a POS and not very bright at all. The idea of the built in TD light in the ET-7 is cool, but it doesn't really put out sufficient light to illuminate anything sufficiently.

Bottom line: you'd be a lot better off (and save money) buying a two-section bar from Microman, especially now that he's using 3W LEDs.

ETA: Yeah, I wrote "sufficient light to illuminate sufficiently" - I'm a posting retard sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Awesome, the videos demonstrating the ET-7, you can HEAR the guy talking chawing away at his gum.

Very professional, you sure sold me!!! :thumbsup:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Chris Dallman is the guy who is in charge of ETD. He's very rude and arrogant on the phone. I have had the "pleasure" of speaking with him.

bobnash78

May 1, 2011
Bloomingdale, Oh
I have 2 microman 16" gen 3 1 watt led bars each in my impala and truck and are very bright. I have some good day and night videos on here. Go to my profile and view my threads and you'll find them or search for them on youtube under steubenvillemedic. visit micromanindustries.com He always replies to my emails pretty quick when I have questions. Prices are way better than the broken crap ETD will sell you.

NH3520

Aug 18, 2011
U.S.A., New Hampshire
At the risk of getting flamed for ressurecting this dead thread, I'll just add that I run that light currently in my truck and (knock on wood) it has worked without incident for about a year. It is definitely VERY bright head on in direct sunlight, but with any TIR the power is diminished as the angle increases. The single takedown is kinda useless as it doesn't flash, and I have the R/W version. I can't comment on the customer service, but if you get a light that works, it definitely moves traffic. Ok, commence beating on the new guy. :bonk:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
NH3520 said:
At the risk of getting flamed for ressurecting this dead thread, I'll just add that I run that light currently in my truck and (knock on wood) it has worked without incident for about a year. It is definitely VERY bright head on in direct sunlight, but with any TIR the power is diminished as the angle increases. The single takedown is kinda useless as it doesn't flash, and I have the R/W version. I can't comment on the customer service, but if you get a light that works, it definitely moves traffic. Ok, commence beating on the new guy. :bonk:

I'd like to see a video of your light

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
NH3520 said:
I can attempt that. If I fail miserably at that, I'm close enough to boston you could just see it sometime (especially with hockey season so close).

Lol, I bet you're only about 2 hrs away.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
I am almost done with a review of some lights from them. I wanted to make sure of some things before it was posted. I will have pictures and videos.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

chem1calburn

Aug 26, 2011
NY
wojf72 said:
I was searching for info on some new lights and found this dash / deck light on Extreme Tactical Dynamics website. Has anyone heard or seen these lights anywhere? They seem pretty bright in the videos.

Police Lights, LED Light Bar, ET-7 Dash Light

As others have already stated: Customer service for ETD is absolutely terrible, or non-existent, depending on how you look at it. All of the products I've purchased work fine, but I've sent them e-mails plenty of times and they never respond when I have a problem or a question. I've also heard that their phone never gets picked up, either.

I did see that ET-7 light, and it does look amazing. ETD does make great looking products for a great price, which makes the purchase that much more enticing. I truly believe that if they had better customer service that they could become huge in the emergency lighting industry.

I think they have two new ET lights now, too, FYI.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
+1. The light output on that unit is good.

I e-mailed ETD to get some information, and it took more than a few days to get a reply. If you try to imagine that the person running this company may not do this full time, that may be acceptable. However, you do have to stand behind your products and address any concerns regarding warranties, etc. I had decided not to purchase from them due to the many negative comments here and on other sites. If I were running the company, I'd be searching out discussions like this and join the forum to explain myself. To make that easier, I'll even spell out Extreme Tactical Dynamics to help the search engine find this!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
chem1calburn said:
ETD does make great looking products for a great price, which makes the purchase that much more enticing.

While the ET-7 is a cool/interesting concept, their lack of customer service is enough to turn me away. The ET-7 is advertised at $149.99. On my website, you can get the Feniex Python-2X for $139.99. This light is made with 4-watt LEDs, American made, has a 5 year no hassle warranty, and comes from a company (Feniex Industries) who has fantastic customer service!! On top of that, I do free shipping on all Feniex products! IMO, that's a better light for a better price with better customer service.

Dash/Deck Lights :: Feniex Python-2X - Advanced Warning Lights

JazzDad said:
If you try to imagine that the person running this company may not do this full time, that may be acceptable. However, you do have to stand behind your products and address any concerns regarding warranties, etc.

I have the feeling that customer service makes a business. Without it, customers are left feeling uneasy and who wants that? Customers should be able to be confident in knowing exactly what they are ordering.

I am a single man operation doing my business part-time, yet I still have the time to respond to emails and phone calls within the same day. A company can only be as helpful as they want to be :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.