Has anyone heard of this swap meet?

Site Veteran
upload_2017-2-14_15-58-50.png

I'm thinking about getting a couple of spaces at this swap meet, has anyone been to this in the greater Chicago area? It's a 3-4 drive, a night in a motel, fuel, food, etc... I have to justify it to the accountant the amount of money we have to spend-to-vend, In other words, I gotta sell a helluva lotta lights to justify my trip! If I get some positive input or hear it's a worthwhile show, I might vend. If a few of you might me interested in meeting-up, attending or even want me to bring something specific, I can do that, too! Your thoughts?

OP
OP

Site Veteran
There's a fire/police swap meet coming up in March where I'm thinking of vending. It's just south of Chicago a bit and would be travel-able for quite a few of us. It's on a Saturday, only a one-day show and could allow a few of us to meet face-to-face if some would be interested. I posted last year's flyer in the events section. Who'd be interested in going? We could also arrange some carpooling if we get enough of a response. I've been dropping hints for us to have some sort of national meet of our own, centrally-located, off-season, how's about this for a start? Bring your truck/trailer/SUV or the wife's RAV 4, who cares?

So who's in?

coop359

I went last year. Had some nice old stuff. Lights that is. I got a never mounted custom all light Streethawk using red clear blue domes. The lightbar was made for CTA police. Had a clear 360 strobe in center with single outboard rotators and a set of split mirrors. Looks like it has 2 rotators. No takedown lights. A guy was selling refurbished beaconrays -domes and bulbs. Not a huge show. I enjoyed

Pete L.

Site Veteran
Sounds like it would be a hoot, just too far of drive for me.
Back in the day, I used to spend lots-o-fun in Chicago.
Maybe an East Coast/Mid-Atlantic ELB meet and greet ??

Hey, you started it :)

NVFD612

Established Member
Octoberguy,

The MABAS 7 Swap Meet has a Facebook Site and they are posted in a few different FB Emergency Warning Light Sales Sites. I already have the date on my calendar and the wife and I are going to make a day of it together... Look forward to possibly seeing some of you there!

Dennis
NVFD 612

OP
OP

Site Veteran
I'm waiting for the guy to get back to me. When he has the updated info, I'll post it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Mattr
Top Bottom