Having a bad day Negative horn ring circuit

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Great day so far. The Toyota land cruiser is a negative horn ring circuit with the horn switch making a negative ground with the horns being constant +12v

I was hoping that the horn could switch the stand alone Whelen airhorn 112. I didn't actually mind if the original Toyota horns sounded as well.

I believe this can be fixed by a relay but have never done a negative ground relay.

As anyone got a schematic that I could follow or a recommendation on how to trigger the 112 of a negative horn.

Thanks in advance

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.