Havis custom cutting

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I'm going to install a Motorola MCS2000 pretty soon. Looked on Havis' website for the one piece bracket and it's 3" in clearance. The blank filler panel I've got is 2 1/2". I don't want to buy a whole new console, so it's going to be one of two things:

1) Trim down one or two brackets to make everything fit

2) Buy an under dash mount for the control head and most likely mount it to the filler panel.

I'd prefer option #1, so curious if anybody has been in my situation before and if you've cut the brackets before. If so, how easy or hard was it?

kool aid 960

Jul 13, 2010
Nassau County NY
Ive grinded down a havis switch panel before to custom fit it in my jotto desk console. I didnt have to grind it down much but from what I remember it wasnt to terribly difficult I just went real slow and check every few passes for a fit

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Is there a 2 piece option? That cuts the top and bottom half off and about 1/2 inch.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
there is some stuff available that is not always on the website. The main sales location/installation center is near my work in Warminster. try to give them a call directly to see if they can help you.. ask for Dave 215-957-0720

Tom

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
if you do not want to make the long distance call,send me a pm with exactly what you are looking for with dimensions if it is any different from your first post. i will be stopping there for parts tommorrow and will get the info you need.

Tom

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I can call in a lil bit, but what I need is this specific bracket, but a half inch shorter. If you can talk to them in person, feel free to holler at 'em and see if something custom is available.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
grfd711 said:
I'm going to install a Motorola MCS2000 pretty soon. Looked on Havis' website for the one piece bracket and it's 3" in clearance. The blank filler panel I've got is 2 1/2". I don't want to buy a whole new console, so it's going to be one of two things:

1) Trim down one or two brackets to make everything fit

2) Buy an under dash mount for the control head and most likely mount it to the filler panel.

I'd prefer option #1, so curious if anybody has been in my situation before and if you've cut the brackets before. If so, how easy or hard was it?

I presume this is for a remote mount head? If so, the two piece bracket mentioned above will not work. And I do not believe there is enough material on the top and bottom of the one piece bracket to grind down.

Only option would be to get the one piece bracket and cut it up to make a two piece bracket of your own.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
Part #: C-EB25-MPM-1P is 1 part # i was given that they said would require min modification but may work for your application.. otherwise check you pm

Tom

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Did some more looking around, and figured I'd order the Moto Radius M1225 two piece to replace my one piece, which will take off a 1/2". So, have to order the C-EB20-100, which will be my two piece for the M1225 Radius and then the bracket for the MCS200 model III faceplate. Just hate to spend all the money for such a small modification, but at least things will look good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.