Headliner Bracket

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Anyone ever use one of these brackets for the cobra dash lights? How is it intended to mount to the headliner? Any pictures of one installed with this bracket would be helpful.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
am i missing something i dont see a bracket in your thread?

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Its the feniex headliner bracket. They only make one headliner bracket for the cobra dash lights.

awww.feniex.com_product_pictures_26172Headliner_20Bracket.82.jpg
I want to do the exact same thing, however the new series of dash lights don't have any mounting screws on the rear. I talked with FEVER about it, and I think I'm going to remove the suction cups, bend the brackets a little and add double sided tape to them instead to stick it to the windshield. I wish they had a headliner bracket for them.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I want to do the exact same thing, however the new series of dash lights don't have any mounting screws on the rear. I talked with FEVER about it, and I think I'm going to remove the suction cups, bend the brackets a little and add double sided tape to them instead to stick it to the windshield. I wish they had a headliner bracket for them.
This is exactly what I did. Removed the suction cups, drill out the screws that were holding the suction cups on. File that section down after drilling so it's not sharp. I used a 4x4 to hit the bracket with to bend/straighten it. Then hit it with some black spray paint. Used the 20 pound 3m double sided tape and now I have to figure out how to ever get them off if I need to ever remove them lol. That tape works real well.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
This is exactly what I did. Removed the suction cups, drill out the screws that were holding the suction cups on. File that section down after drilling so it's not sharp. I used a 4x4 to hit the bracket with to bend/straighten it. Then hit it with some black spray paint. Used the 20 pound 3m double sided tape and now I have to figure out how to ever get them off if I need to ever remove them lol. That tape works real well.
Do you have a picture by chance? I'm gonna order a couple 1x apollo's and want to see how high they fit.

Thanks

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Do you have a picture by chance? I'm gonna order a couple 1x apollo's and want to see how high they fit.

Thanks

Not on hand I don't but if you want to PM me your number, I'll text you a pic. They fit pretty snug up against the headliner, they could be better as far as being tight up against the windshield, but it's not too bad.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Not on hand I don't but if you want to PM me your number, I'll text you a pic. They fit pretty snug up against the headliner, they could be better as far as being tight up against the windshield, but it's not too bad.
Sent you an IM!

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
So it seems like this is supposed to be like the hanger trick but with this instead of the hanger? Or is it actually supposed to be mounted to something? There arent any instructions on this piece on their website. Also if anyone has pictures please post them here for everyone to see.

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Their are no instructions for it because it's a universal bracket so mounting will be different for every vehicle. You could possibly use it like the coat hanger trick. I installed one on a charger and a couple on my own vehicle to hold a Cobra 600. I drop the headliner and use self taping screws to secure the bracket to the reinforcement piece. The piece I'm talking about is circled in the attached picture.

Attachments

• Roof.jpg
    Roof.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: theroofable

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I figured it could be used like that, but usually they include holes for that. Just not sure what Feniex intended when they made it thats all. Thanks for posting pictures too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.