Headliner brackets

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
I am thinking about getting a headliner bracket for my dual talon. I have never used one before and have a few questions. First, I assume they have to be screwed in, correct? Second, how hard is it to get the trim and everything else off to install them? I don't want to spend 3 or 4 hours on one light. And finally, do they hold the light well or will it bounce some?

wema628

May 30, 2010
USA / Tennessee
1.Yes you have to screw them in. 2. the trim is different on all cars and trucks. what type of car/truck do you have ? do you need to go under the headliner?

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Most of the quality installers use custom brackets that secure the light to the headliner brace between the roof and the headliner, some go as far as to avoid modifying the headliner at all to retain a professional look. The reason professionals do it this way is to avoid "sponginess" of the headliner as well as to avoid the crushing the void space since the headliner is not always next to the brace.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
wema628 said:
1.Yes you have to screw them in. 2. the trim is different on all cars and trucks. what type of car/truck do you have ? do you need to go under the headliner?

97 chevy z71. I'm tired of suction cups falling off, so I thought this would be a good alternative. If I am understanding correctly, there is bracket that goes under the headliner and one that, I guess pinches it between the bracket? Sorry guys, I've just never actually seen one before.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
A good bracket installation requires fastening directly to the hollow metal brace where the visor clips & hinges are attached to. To do it properly, you'd need to pull the "A" and "B" pillars along with any handles and visor mounts to properly drop the headliner so you can drill and/or bolt the bracket. Sometimes manufacturers try to make things easier by using visor mounting hardware but generally, it's a bad idea because it's not designed to hold the extra weight and it can fly loose in a TC.

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Ok, thanks. I'm planning on buying a new truck in the Spring/Summer, so I think I will stay with the suction cups for now and put the bracket in when I get it. Right now, it just doesn't seem like it is worth the time just to have to redo it in a few months.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Do you have an overhead console? If so, drop the console, drill the bracket into the lowered metal (not the roof :) ..) at the appropriate measurements (meaning test fit the light w/ the bracket and everything 'in place'), re-install the console. I've got a 97 Yukon, and I would have done this had I not already drilled holes close to the inner sun shade brackets. W/o the overhead console, it'll take a bit more work, but it's doable. There's metal there to drill into w/o going thu the roof.

May 22, 2010
New York City
what i use is the visor clips, you screw the clip to the talon and then it slips onto the headliner, sometimes it works perfect, othertimes you need to tweak it alittle with alittle abs plastic in between, but i never had problems this way

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
ill tell you that you need to measure,test fit ,test fit again, measure, and then sit in the seat and make sure its what ou want before you do it, i have a 4 door ford f 150 and was not about to drop the entire headliner just to put the lights up. That being said the brackets went up and fit just right you have some adjustability with the visors in the up postion you cant even see the bracket. with it down you can but it doesnt look bad and looks good in fact. I messed up on my drivers side and ended up making adjustments afterwards. I had to bend the brackets a little to get them up and closer to the roof line....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.