Hello all from WV, soon to be Texas.

res510cue

Nov 10, 2012
London, KY
Name here is Ed. Not really a new member to ELB. I used to be on elightbars back between 2006-2009 when I was going to college in Morehead, Ky. Since then I've moved to West Virginia and wanted to get back on the board. My emergency service history is fairly short. Been about 11 years total starting at age of 14. I started out as a junior member on a fire department, then added a haz-mat hat. It stayed this way until I went to college where I joined the local Haz-mat team and a fire department in Morehead, KY. Then I was introduced to the Rescue Squad (not EMS, we did SAR, extrication, water rescue, confined space rescue, high and low angle rope rescue, etc.) Where I became a captain until I graduated and left the town of Morehead, ky. I always volunteered, never wanted to get paid for fire fighting (and haz-mat and rescue), its just something I like to do. I am also a Ham radio operator, holding an extra class license.

Currently I'm on Mabscott Fire department in Mabscott, WV just outside of Beckley, Wv. But with the coal industry slumping, I've decided to make a career change which will be taking me to Texas in the next few weeks. I'll be around Denton, Texas. So hopefully I can meet some people from that area on here and try to get on a fire department when I move down there.

I'm glad to see the board still going since the last time I looked at it. A lot looks like it has changed, so I'm going to poke around and see what the new elightbars looks like. Have a good day folks.

Ed

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Welcome back to ELB form a former WV,then OH,now upstae NY.

Glad you're in the field.

Hope find a nice place,and good job out there in TX.

Oh yeah on a small note to many high spots out there. :haha:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.