Hello from central Ohio

occupant

Apr 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
Found this forum through Tow411 Forums and since I'm about to buy my own first tow truck and have been running them since last year for the company and occasionally have (and by occasionally I mean frequently) electrical and lighting problems on those trucks, it would be great to have a place to go besides CrownVic.net to talk about light bars.

As things are now, we have Code3 MX7000 halogen light bars on our wrecker, all amber domes, just two rotators, STT and flood lights out back, and amber flashers toward the front (all three on separate switches). There is a Federal Signal Aerodynic on the old rollback, it has brand new amber domes, halogen lights, and it has STT/floods out back but the forward facing flashers aren't hooked up. That particular one has a short somewhere. As you move the bed up and down the flood lights come on and off randomly. The newer rollback has a larger Code3 unit, I think RMX something or other, maybe RMX80. It works great and has strobes and LED lights all over it. But that truck is being fixed because it got hit. Funny how the truck with the best lighting is the one that got hit. Anyway, we also have a driver with his own truck and it has some sort of slimline LED light bar, I think a Tomar Blade or similar generic that looks just like one. The wrecker I'm looking at has what appears to be an MX7000 in pictures but I haven't driven it or touched it yet so not sure.

I'll be lurking around for awhile reading a few things and then I'm sure I'll be jumping in soon enough.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.