Hello from Connecticut

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Hi guys,

My name is Damon and I`ve been on ELB before but I have not posted anything so here goes..I`m a Full time Police Officer and Military Veteran.. I love restoring old Police Cruisers and especially the lights, I grew up around Police Work because of my dad he was a city cop in Hartford. Dad used to pick me up at my grandmothers house and give me a ride on patrol for a little while. He was driving a 1976 Pontiac Le Mans and that was when the problems started. The cruisers had Twin Sonics on them and ever since then those lightbars made a mark on me..Twin rotors that refected a beam off of mirrors.. wow..I was around 8 years old..Then later on I joined my local Police Departments explorer program in my home town which was Enfield and they had whelen 8000`s on there plymouth Fury`s then those made a mark on me because of the strobes and cruise lights...Now we went from edge bars to liberty led..now they are cool...but not as cool as the old lights with all the chrome and metal!! I Have a small collection compared to many of you..but I was very lucky to collect the lights above...and like all of you there are a few more I would love to get...anyways Happy Holidays....be well... be safe....

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Awesome story Damon! Glad you were able to fulfill your dream of becoming a PO. Welcome to the board and thank you for your military service.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Welcome, sir!

rsmartin

Aug 17, 2011
Stamford NY
Welcome!

Enfield you say? I used to be the guy in " IV-1 " out of JMH back before AMR bought out Superior Ambulance in the early 90s :D

Used to know all the EPD guys and gals.

If you like old Police Cruisers I have a picture of my Father with a 1969 Galaxy 500 taken at the CSP Academy in Meridan. Back when the CSP had the single bubble strobe in the center and 2 rear facing par 46 strobes.

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Hello Martin..I remember IV-1 that was a while ago..I probobly met you on medical calls..yeah that would be cool i remember those old LTD`s with the commander strobe in the middle and the par 46 to the rear..I did take a photo of one at bradley airport back in the early 90`s before they all went to edge bars..one of the rears was red which was rare because if you remembered back it was all blue..i took the photo at bradley airport...anyways would love to see the photo of your dad..your dad was also a LEO...take care man D

GVFD82X12

Mar 31, 2011
Massachusetts USA
tecster said:
Welcome, I'm from CT as well - up in Enfield.

Mustang302 said:
Hi guys,
My name is Damon and I`ve been on ELB before but I have not posted anything so here goes..I`m a Full time Police Officer and Military Veteran.. I love restoring old Police Cruisers and especially the lights, I grew up around Police Work because of my dad he was a city cop in Hartford. Dad used to pick me up at my grandmothers house and give me a ride on patrol for a little while. He was driving a 1976 Pontiac Le Mans and that was when the problems started. The cruisers had Twin Sonics on them and ever since then those lightbars made a mark on me..Twin rotors that refected a beam off of mirrors.. wow..I was around 8 years old..Then later on I joined my local Police Departments explorer program in my home town which was Enfield and they had whelen 8000`s on there plymouth Fury`s then those made a mark on me because of the strobes and cruise lights...Now we went from edge bars to liberty led..now they are cool...but not as cool as the old lights with all the chrome and metal!! I Have a small collection compared to many of you..but I was very lucky to collect the lights above...and like all of you there are a few more I would love to get...anyways Happy Holidays....be well... be safe....

Welcome! I am just 5 houses (literally) over the MA border. Just on the other side of Granby CT

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.