Hello from New York!

rchm2117

Apr 8, 2014
Central New York
Hi there! Heard about the site from a friend/colleague of mine...took a look around, you guys have a ton of knowledge and some really cool setups! Little bit about me, I've been a volunteer firefighter for 5 years on Long Island and an EMT-B for 2 years, riding both on LI and in Oswego County. Gonna try to attempt my first install soon-ish, and any help at all that could be offered is much appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
rchm2117 said:
Hi there! Heard about the site from a friend/colleague of mine...took a look around, you guys have a ton of knowledge and some really cool setups! Little bit about me, I've been a volunteer firefighter for 5 years on Long Island and an EMT-B for 2 years, riding both on LI and in Oswego County. Gonna try to attempt my first install soon-ish, and any help at all that could be offered is much appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! Before asking input ideas, here are a few links to help!

1) eLightbars.org - New Members Page

2) ALWAYS a good idea to use the Advanced Search , can check to see if people already asked similar questions of your vehicle type, or if someone already posted an install on your vehicle type.

3) Visual Warning Equipment Forum is for asking questions about an upcoming install, don't post in Your Installs, Projects, Builds and Modifications Forum until you start your install, or after completing it, you can submit pics of the process.

4) Stickies hold a LOT of info!! Check out http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/official-location-based-warning-hide-away-leds-general-meaning-discussion-thread-30732/ for your state laws regarding what you can run! Also http://elightbars.org/forums/f13/illustrated-guide-adequate-lighting-30112/ holds a lot of great information!!

Aside from that, feel free to ask questions, but always search first just in case it has already been asked! ;) :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Hello from Tompkins Co. and welcome to the board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
Hello & welcome from Franklin County:D

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Welcome! You will find info on things you wouldn't imagine there was info on, here. Be sure to post photos and updates of your install once you complete it!

Pat_Hogle

Sep 23, 2010
New York, USA
Hello from Monroe County.  Nice to see a few people from the region on here.  Been a member for a few years and read a bunch of posts.  I am also just getting underway with my first project.  

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.