Help! Arrow Stick type bar I picked up, any info Would be great. Thanks

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
I picked up the pictured arrow stick type bar. Its new but Im pretty sure its a China bar. Only has 3 wires coming out of it a Brown a Blue and a yellow with a Green stripe. It was still wrapped up in cardboard but had no paperwork or anything else. Anyone ever see or mess with one of these. The guy gave me a box of odds and ends also that has a black box like a control box but nothing else. Any help would be great. Thanks Hoser

China.JPG

China 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
Only three wires? Are you sure there aren't more that are cut short inside the cable?

It looks like a Sound Off Inc. Predator bar. I'm looking on a phone but it looks like identical construction. Do the lenses have any words/letters/numbers on them? These bars typically had a sticker on the back saying Sound Off Inc.

If not SOI then it's a knockoff and all bets are off.

What does the control box look like?

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Just the 3 wires, looks like im going to have to look farther into it. Nothing on the lenses either. Good thing I got it for next to nothing. The control box is really bare no buttons at all just a black box with a green plug on it like what FS uses on thier sirens and light controllers. Thanks for giving it a shot and replying.

mjw357

Jun 17, 2011
OHIO
Open it up and see if there is a circuit board of some kind in there. Perhaps one wire is ground and the other two are for 12v+. One for left, one for right, both for center-out? Just thinking out loud. Worst case, you can just gut it and wire it up however you like.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
If this thing is anything like the Voltex bars, then you have to use the control box. If you take the bar apart, you'll probably see that each wire daisy chains from one lighthead to the next. The control box actually sends power and ground to all the lightheads and the third wire is the communication wire. The circuit board tells each head when to light up. The bar is smarter than you think, however, it won't work the way you intended it to work. Hope that helps.

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.