HELP!!! Code 3/Whelen compatibility

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Okay, so I did some reading on these lights dimentions. From the looks of it the C3 40/41/42 series lights have a smaller foot print than the 700 series leds from whelen.

(page 3) http://www.code3pse.com/public/media/inst_40_41_42_Series_Perimeter_T07696_rev8.pdf

(top of page 2) http://www.whelen.com/pb/Automotive/ProductSheets/Lightheads/SuperLED_600-700-900_Lightheads.pdf

The oscilasers from what I read on C3s site are just a bit smaller than the 600s from whelen.

(click the specs tab for specs) Code 3 Fire & EMS > Oscilaser

Hope this helps.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Thanks, thats what I have been finding. I would bid it out with Code 3 LEDs, but we all know how expensive Code 3 is. From the looks of it it will work with some modifications.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
You could always put a piece of chorme diamond plate over the hole of the old C3 light in the front and put the 600 series whelens ontop of the diamond plate. Make the diamond plate a little larger than the size of the 600s. Round the corners, maybe some double sided 3M tape on the edges and then some stainless steel screws to hold the pieces to the truck. Do it right and they'd looks real sharp on the truck.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
MEVS06 said:
will Whelen 700's drop in to the Code 3 7" X 3" halogens

Yes. Consider them direct replacements. I did the same swap myself last spring, and I was pleased with how the 700s just fit.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
You could always put a piece of chorme diamond plate over the hole of the old C3 light in the front and put the 600 series whelens ontop of the diamond plate. Make the diamond plate a little larger than the size of the 600s. Round the corners, maybe some double sided 3M tape on the edges and then some stainless steel screws to hold the pieces to the truck. Do it right and they'd looks real sharp on the truck.

Whelen makes an adapter for 600-series to work in the standard KD headlight mount. The part number is 6EHDLTMK.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.