Help me decide......

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
I have a Whelen HHS2100 that was in my Marauder for the last 3 years. I like that it was compact and able to hide in the console. I recently sold the Marauder and bought a 99 Jeep Cherokee. My decision is to use the HHS2100 in the Jeep or go with another remote mounted siren / light controller. I'm thinking about a smart siren or something similar. I've got a lot of LED's, and some aux lighting I'd like to add. I'm a volunteer fire fighter with a 2 mile response distance through mixed traffic. I had the HHS2100 wired like this:

1) Rear warning

2) Front LED's & Rear Warning

3) Front strobes, wig wags, All lighting

The reason I'm thinking of a remote style unit is because mounting space is very tight in the interior. I don't want to have something hanging off the console or mounted to the top of the dash. I can fabricate a bracket to hold the control head.

medicwf41

Aug 4, 2011
Wayne City Il.
Look into the Feniex olympian i have a test 100w that should be here anyday. Will let you know how i like it. I am also a dealer for them.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
medicwf41 said:
Look into the Feniex olympian i have a test 100w that should be here anyday. Will let you know how i like it. I am also a dealer for them.

To be honest, and no intention of disrespecting your brand of distribution, But I have heard the feniex tones and they are obnoxious. I havent heard good things about functionality of the units either. They're very innovative, but not well engineered. Good luck though. I hope you can prove me wrong, let me knmow how it is!

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Drewstang said:
I have a Whelen HHS2100 that was in my Marauder for the last 3 years. I like that it was compact and able to hide in the console. I recently sold the Marauder and bought a 99 Jeep Cherokee. My decision is to use the HHS2100 in the Jeep or go with another remote mounted siren / light controller. I'm thinking about a smart siren or something similar. I've got a lot of LED's, and some aux lighting I'd like to add. I'm a volunteer fire fighter with a 2 mile response distance through mixed traffic. I had the HHS2100 wired like this:
1) Rear warning

2) Front LED's & Rear Warning

3) Front strobes, wig wags, All lighting

The reason I'm thinking of a remote style unit is because mounting space is very tight in the interior. I don't want to have something hanging off the console or mounted to the top of the dash. I can fabricate a bracket to hold the control head.

If you have the money man, go for the smart siren. by far the best siren I have ever used. Everything about it is perfect haha:)

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
I'm looking for a 200W siren and leaning towards the SS.

xcrownvicx

Dec 3, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah i would say a feniex olympian. funny story i bought one like a month ago and i am selling it because i just got a hhs2200. the olympian is brand new i still have 2 bundles of wires still rapped up. never used any of the stickers that came with it. if your interested i will be putting it back on ebay sometime this week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.