help needed 2013 Jeep Patriot

sader

Mar 6, 2013
goose creek
Outfitting my pov for ff responce to station. My budget is 500 to 1000. Requirements are 360* with no exterior light bars. What do yall recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
to help the newbie out, I've already gotten him a PA300 with speaker and probably going to give him a whelen spectir8 to start.

also, colors for him are going to be any combination of R/W/A

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
i have a newer expedition but i did a dual talon in the front with laws in the headlights, tir3 on the front lower valance toward the side for intersection. tir3 in each rear side window. and a stick light in the rear window. that would get you started and upgrade as you get deals on things i also used to have a stick light in the grill that worked great. just check the classified section here. always some great deals.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I can build you a full vehicle setup for under $1000 with either AWL or Feniex items.

I know you said no external lightbars; does this include all exterior lights, or just lightbars? Also, are you responding mainly to the scene, or the station?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
He's on the same department as me. Vehicle will be used only for response to station, pending anything crazy happening. And the no exterior rule is for roof mounted lightbars only, but anything mounted exterior should be done so tastefully.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
So, since he can't get on here right now I'll update this for him.

He traded in the ford and got a 2013 jeep patriot. I've got some ideas for it but we both want to hear what the rest of you think. Same requirements as before.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
foxtrot5 said:
So, since he can't get on here right now I'll update this for him.

He traded in the ford and got a 2013 jeep patriot. I've got some ideas for it but we both want to hear what the rest of you think. Same requirements as before.

Nice vehicle! Here's what I would do:

Front:

1x Full Interior Lightbar

2x LED Hide Aways (in fog lights)

2x SMT3 Grille Lights (behind grille if space permits)

Side:

1x Intersection Bracket

2x SMT3 or Cobra T6 Surface Mounts (on intersection bracket)

1x 2 or 4 Module Warning Bar (whichever fits best) in Rear Side Window

Rear:

2x LED Hide Aways

1x 6 or 8 Module Warning Bar

1x LP Bracket

2x SMT3 Grille Lights

That setup would be below $1000 on my site. I can also build one for under $500 as well :)

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
Having a patriot myself a full interior bar won't fit because the visor clips on the outside are recessed into the headliner about an inch plus the one we bought for work from Tom wouldn't fit in due to the length. But to of those dash lights would fit nicely with custom brackets

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
Will there be a grille/brush guard used?

Here is what I would do

Front:

Grille 2 Whelen M6s(red) and a HLF

SNM(or similar) D12(red/red and set to a pattern where both heads light at same time)

Sides:

SOS nFORCE Nexus

1 R/C as far forward as possible for intersection

1 Red behind rear sets

Rear:

SNM(or similar) E44 all red or red/amber

Keep switching to a minimum. 1 OFF-ON-ON rear light on 1st front/sides 2nd then 1 OFF-ON for HLF

All the lights come out to $962. Switches should be less than $20.

chiefolson

Jul 20, 2010
Raleigh, NC
What I would do...

R/W Whelen Avenger on the top edge of the windshield, passenger side

4 Red Whelen TIR3 in the grille behind the honeycomb with a nice slow x-pattern flash

Red TIR3 in each side window behind the C-Post

R/A Whelen Avenger inside the rear glass

Can't tell from the photos I can find if LAW will work in the clear section of the turn signals, but that would be a plus. Since it's for response to the station, lights to the rear would be for identification only so there is no reason to load up the back.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Spend the money to get a 2" lift. Jeep patriots look much better lifted!

But seriously, HLF, rear haws, interior bar, front LP intersection bracket, SOS intersectors.

twisted_metal

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto ON, Canada
chiefolson said:
What I would do...

R/W Whelen Avenger on the top edge of the windshield, passenger side

4 Red Whelen TIR3 in the grille behind the honeycomb with a nice slow x-pattern flash

Red TIR3 in each side window behind the C-Post

R/A Whelen Avenger inside the rear glass

Can't tell from the photos I can find if LAW will work in the clear section of the turn signals, but that would be a plus. Since it's for response to the station, lights to the rear would be for identification only so there is no reason to load up the back.

LAW's will fit in the unused sections of the taillights. I've got a 2011 Patriot which is the same.

and x2 on the 2" RRO Lift.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevieandrew

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.