Help needed, Code 3 Optix 6 up modules, all have different lens optics, willing to trade lenses to m

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
I just acquired 3 individual Code 3 Optix 6 up modules in like new condition that were hardly ever used as the traffic advisor in a 2100 lightbar. Each module is amber in color and is the split type with 3 of the LEDs operating separately from the other 3 and they all have a sticker with the same ID of R4A030807. Upon inspection, I was surprised to see that each module has different lens optics from the others. One has vertical raised grooves/ridges on all 6 LEDs, another has transparent outer rings around the ridges that are centered inside them, and the last one has a mixture of the raised ridges and the ringed ridges on every other LED (1,3,5 are alike and 2,4,6 are alike). My inquiring mind wants to know why aren't they identical? Is one optic style better or brighter? I would assume the ridges help with off axis flashes and the transparent rings brighten the flashes headon. Anyone know the reason why these optics are different and why Code 3 would have installed 3 different modules for a traffic advisor?

Regardless of the reason, I would like to have all of these with matching lens optics and am willing to swap whichever of my odd ones will accomplish that. Anyone have some amber Optix modules they would be willing to make a straight swap with or maybe someone has some dead Optix modules they want to sell cheap or donate that I can remove the lenses from? I checked and the lenses are sealed in the black housings in one piece, and there are 3 small phillips head screws that hold them to it. I removed one lens set in testing and it is easy to get them off.

If I can't get any of this accomplished, I may just sell or trade these in their current condition and appearance. I have a basic 4 corner strobe Whelen Patriot that I have been wanting to load up in the front and rear middle with either LEDs or strobes or a combination of both or maybe add a rear traffic advisor. I would be open to swapping these Code 3 Optix 6 up split amber modules for some Whelen amber modules. Anyone interested?

Please let me know the answers to some of these questions and thanks for any help..

Neulujack

Jan 27, 2015
Vancouver, BC
do you think you can take a photo of the 2 different version and show us?

I may ask one of my friend in Code3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.