Help needed wiring HLF on impala

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Hello,

I recently purchased a whelen UHF2150B '00-'05 impala 9c3 HLF. I have an 02 civvy impala. I cut the connectors off and called whelen to get a description of which wire is which. The orange wire is the activation wire, black and red are constant +/- 12v, The yellow and green go to each high beam wire. there are 2 more wires ( I don't have it in front of me right now so I can't comment on the colors of them). 1 is said to go to the BCM and the other is the DRL wire. What do I do with these 2 wires? I know where the drl wire is under the hood, but I thought there needed to be 1 wire to connect to each end of the cut DRL wire (or is that just for an isolation flasher?) Is it supposed to just be spliced in? DO I ignore the BCM wire?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

twl911

May 21, 2010
Vermont, USA
when I had my '00 Impala I tried the whelen with the connectors cut off and could never get it to work right on the civilian model. It would work, but throw headlamp out warnings every now and then. I ended up putting a FS unit in and it worked without issues for years. I'm pretty sure you are correct thought, the BCM wire goes on the other end of the DRL tap. at least thats the way the FS unit was connected, very similar to an isolated flasher.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
twl911 said:
when I had my '00 Impala I tried the whelen with the connectors cut off and could never get it to work right on the civilian model. It would work, but throw headlamp out warnings every now and then. I ended up putting a FS unit in and it worked without issues for years. I'm pretty sure you are correct thought, the BCM wire goes on the other end of the DRL tap. at least thats the way the FS unit was connected, very similar to an isolated flasher.

Might as well give it a shot, I got a killer deal on the thing anyways. Much appreciated

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.