Help on phases pertaing to whelen 500 linear super led

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
Hey guys can someone please help me understand what the phases on whelen 500 linear super leds means. I have two light heads that are split red and blue. When they flash they are synchronized and flash both red and blue at the same time. I was told that you can change the order of the red and blue flashing to perhaps one that flashed red and blue and the other that flashes blue and red at the same time. It says the light has 69 patterns but one pattern has phase 1-4 so basically four options for that one patter. If this is possible how do u change the light head to the different phases. I was thinking of tapping one of the gray synch wires to a pos+ and see if that changes it but not sure. Any help would be appreciated

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
i know that but when I use the white/purple wire it does not change 69 patterns I want to know how to change the light head phases

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
lol I know they do that I just dont know how to change the different "PHASES" and that is different from the light pattern

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Most patterns have a phase 1 and a phase 2. Phase two of a particular pattern is usually the very next one following phase one.

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
there are 4 phases on your lightheads as far as i know. tapping the flash pattern wire advances the pattern/phase. phase 1 and 2 are the same as any other LED lighthead which will affect the entire lighthead. 3 and 4 relate to the split head making the first segment of the light alt. with the second segment (in your case red alt. with blue). phase 3 makes the first segment alt. with the second and phase 4 makes the second segment alt. with the first.

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
basically I want the light head to get to phase 4 but not sure how I tapped that freakin flash pattern wire and it just changed the flash pattern but dont see it going into phase four

rsqemt911

May 25, 2010
Naugatuck Ct
sync them together and then tap on the flash pattern wire till you get the desired effect. it should be there, but you may not notice it till they are sync'ed to each other

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
so do I need to tap the flash pattern wire on both lights at the same time or can I just do one light head and it will change the other light pattern???

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
do each individually

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Connect the sync wires.

Change the flash pattern on light A until it is flashing the way you want it to.

Then change the flash patter on light B until it is flashing the way you want it to. (The phases are just cycled through with the flash pattern, so if you are going through the patterns, and it's the right pattern but incorrect phase, just keep hunting through the patterns until you find it.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.