Help!!! Opinions on new 2013 Fusion install!

Nov 6, 2012
Medina,Ohio
:undecided: Just got the car mid-October looking for ideas for nice slick-top install. This is POV for volley fire department. More to come about some equipment I already have that came off my truck.

FusionRear.jpg

FusionFront.jpg

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I'm really liking the newly design Fusions!

V

VTfireftr

I too love the looks of that car.

How about a couple of Whelen Ions behind the grill? And mybe a Talon above the rear view mirror?

For the rear, a pair of talons on the rear deck and some hide away STROBES in the clear center section of the tail lights.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
VTfireftr said:

How about a couple of Whelen Ions behind the grill? And mybe a Talon above the rear view mirror?

For the rear, a pair of talons on the rear deck and some hide away STROBES in the clear center section of the tail lights.

I agree with this setup. Maybe add a 1075 front LP mount.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Congrats on the new car. It looks sharp!

I'd go with Ghosts in the grill, nForce windshield light, maybe some LEd3s on an intersection bracket (or some Universal Undercovers on int he fog light area to project to the side), some nForce deck lights for the rear, and maybe some LED3s on the rear LP for a little extra to the rear. I think that would cover the car nicely without being over kill, but would give you the needed coverage for running code in OH. For a siren I'd go with the 385 handheld siren and light controller.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need a quote on anything. :)

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
While I have no input as to what to install, I have to say that car looks BADA**!!!!!!

I saw a new Fusion on the road yesterday, and seriously it was a Jaguar.

Well done, Ford! (and that's coming from a GM guy!)

Chris

May 21, 2010
California
Whelen Ion - Grill

Whelen Splitfires - Back Window

Whelen Splitfire or Avenger - Front Window

All of these fit pretty well and will keep the look very clean..

All depends if you want it to be under cover or not...

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you have the Ecoboost engine in your Fusion, STOP UPFITTING IMMEDIATELY! There is a possibility that is could catch fire. Ford has issued a recall but has not found a solution yet. Ford advises owners to park the car until the fix is complete.

May 21, 2010
California
Boss429 said:
If you have the Ecoboost engine in your Fusion, STOP UPFITTING IMMEDIATELY! There is a possibility that is could catch fire. Ford has issued a recall but has not found a solution yet. Ford advises owners to park the car until the fix is complete.

And who are you? And how do you know this?

How about a link to a site explaining this officially? Vs. just saying that and assuming any of us will believe you?

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
The recall was on the news yesterday. He is correct. All 2013 fusion and Escape models if I recall correctly. I will post a link when I am not on my phone.

Chris

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Wattco - Brent said:
And who are you? And how do you know this?

How about a link to a site explaining this officially? Vs. just saying that and assuming any of us will believe you?

You ever think of doing a google search before running your mouth?! :duh:

I would not just say this without hearing it from a reputable source. Do your research, I'm just looking out for a fellow member and his brand new vehicle!

Ford Recalling 73,000 Escapes and 15,800 Fusions - NYTimes.com

Now back to the topic at hand...

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
VTfireftr said:

Sounds perfect to me ! :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing the Fusion here in Europe, as the new 2013 Ford Mondeo... Very nice car.. I can imagine this be my next company ride !

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The recall is very real. It is the second fuel/ fire recall for the 13 Escape.

Brent, if someone posts serious info of that nature, which I was going to do before seeing it already posted, figure it as a better safe than sorry deal.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Boss429 said:
You ever think of doing a google search before running your mouth?! :duh:
I would not just say this without hearing it from a reputable source. Do your research, I'm just looking out for a fellow member and his brand new vehicle!

Ford Recalling 73,000 Escapes and 15,800 Fusions - NYTimes.com

Now back to the topic at hand...

Boss429 should have posted a link as to where he got his info, instead of making a statement. How hard would it have been for him?

Brent could have been nicer though but still.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Alboy29 said:
Patiently Waiting for an update! hahaa....Any progress/Pics vids of install yet?? I have not seen ANy new '13 Fusions lit up yet :D

Damn right !

Now that we experts have voiced our opinions as sought, we'd like to see what you have done with them !! :crackup:

Nov 6, 2012
Medina,Ohio
One more question on the fusion, sorry im no artist but should i do all red or red/white in grill and sides?

2013-Ford-Fusion-Review.jpg

I already have the lin3s and 911ep36 so im really trying to use those. Dont need a whole lot to rear as my POV is seldom on scene.

option1.jpg

FusionFront.jpg

2013-Ford-Fusion-front-3-1024x640.jpg

2013-ford-fusion_100376535_l.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2012
Medina,Ohio
TheGatekeeper said:
Damn right !
Now that we experts have voiced our opinions as sought, we'd like to see what you have done with them !! :crackup:

Its coming i promise I was hoping someone else would break the 13 Fusion ice but im ready to move on.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
I thought this was it when I saw the email alert !

Have mercy please !! I've been holding my breath for so long about your Fusion that I'm blue in the face and on the verge of collapse ! :weird:

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
Instead of the ions in that Front Glass window near the Side Mirror, how about an Intersector under the Mirror? unless you are going for a more stealthy look, i would imagine the mirror would block some of the light output there from different angles.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
scruffythewild said:
Generally, you can't do an HLF with projector headlights. I guess you could put an HLF in the fog lights but it wouldn't be effective.

The problem is not with projector headlights, it's with projector headlights that function both as low beam and high beams, like the Taurus/PI Sedan and Explorer/PI Utility. The Fusion has separate projectors for low beams and traditional reflectors for high beams, so a HLF is fine.

Chaser_771

Jan 1, 2013
Oklahoma
what about a sos pinnacle interior bar in front and a ultra lite 12 head rear directional? just throwing that out there, i like the light coverage that those bars throw out there!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
You could do an SVP Starburst or SOS Pinnacle interior bar, a HLF, then four Feniex Cobras in the grill synced in an x pattern.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
^Why not? The Fusion does not use a projector for the high beams, it is a separate reflector.

Detroit VAP

Jan 16, 2011
US Michigan
The Fusion had a recall on the headlights. I know, because I have a 2012 Fusion and it was recalled. The Fusions recalled for Ecoboost problems were the ones with the 1.5 Ecoboost engine. This is an optional engine and most likely he has the 2.0 Ecoboost which is not being recalled. Strobes-n-More just came out with a new HLF which is not used as a HLF, but is for surface mounting. It would be a good option for the side inside windshield mount. They have L brackets available to mount it to the inside. Very bright with the design and comes in a set of two, with flasher. In the visor area the 911EP 12s would be good or go with another visor warning light. The grille lighting is good.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Here's what I'd do;

SOS Pinnacle interior bar

Whelen M7's in the grill

SOS intersectors on the mirrors

Whelen LINZ6 in the very last window on the sides.

Whelen Dominator on rear deck

HAW's in the rear reverse lights.

I'd also surface mount a LINZ6 by the fog lights for intersection warning.

May 21, 2010
California
Ford - Dodge - GM - You name it are asking all to refrain from placing HL flashers in all new vehicles - Unless specifically called out in the upfitters guides. And in most cases there is nothing in those upfitters guides as tapping into any vehicle electrical systems can and in most cases will cause issues or void the warranty on any associated parts.

I suggest that anyone upfitting new vehicles takes a long look at the upfitters guides supplied and also get very buddy buddy with someone or something that provides detailed electrical diagrams.. AllData - or befriend a tech at Ford - Dodge and GM or bribe them to get you detailed info....

These vehicles are not crown vics - and should not be treated as such..

In the end thou - it is your warranty - liability and money...

Also never on these newer cars grab power using the main battery connector bolt - especially Ford - Use the supplied Aux battery post location - if you strip out or damage the ford specialty bolt - you will need to replace the entire batter cable to fix it - on some vehicles that cable is over 800 bucks and can take a few hours to replace.

:duh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.