Help Re-do My POV

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
I found out today that our governor passed a law stating that we can run blue along with our red lights. More than likely my department will make it an SOP that it can't be more than 50/50.

Right now I have:

Whelen slimlighter above the RVM mirror

2 Whelen avengers on the dash

Whelen 700 series in the grill

4 Strobes N' More mini E6s below the grill

Feniex T-6s on front license plate

2 SVP mini phantoms in the back window

My plan was to change out all lights on the passenger side to blue and replace the mini phantoms with a T/A. What other suggestions do you guys have?

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I found out today that our governor passed a law stating that we can run blue along with our red lights.

Holy crap! How did I not hear about this? Have a link?

Reactions: MEVS06

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Had some time to do some research. 

The new law is simply updating the current blue light law passed a few years ago. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way you can put blue on your FF POV is if you sign it over to the department.

The new bill reworded the law to allow all FIRE DEPT vehicles to have blue lighting. It still must be publicly owned, it still must be "rear mounted" and it still "shall not exceed fifty percent of the visual lights"

Basically under the original bill some FD owned vehicles weren't technically eligible because they did not meet the state's definition of a fire apparatus (think chief truck or other trucks with NO WATER, etc). This makes all fire dept owned vehicles able to run blue under the previously set conditions. 

Sorry... It's gonna be a cold day in hell before you get blue on POVs in this state, in my opinion. 

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Right now I have:

Whelen slimlighter above the RVM mirror

2 Whelen avengers on the dash

Whelen 700 series in the grill

4 Strobes N' More mini E6s below the grill

Feniex T-6s on front license plate

2 SVP mini phantoms in the back window

Wow. Would like to see pics and a video of your POV! What vehicle is this all mounted in?

Reactions: rcfd34

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Even if you can't run blue lights, sounds like you need to redo it anyway because it is a UFO/christmas tree. Let's see some pictures/video. 

Reactions: justavillain

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.