Help syncing Feniex Cobra T-6

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I just got a brand new pair of T6 that I am setting up flash patterns before the installation.

I followed the instructions to set both modules to steady burn flash. I'm lost after that. I'm trying to get them to alternate patterns.

If they are both already on steady burn per B on the wiring instructions, does that mean both are master? How do I set one to slave?

At what point do I connect all the wires together?

TIA.

Last edited:

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Setting them both to steady burn gives you a starting point to be able to cycle through the patterns on both lightheads at the same time without losing the synchronization because one lighthead is on the next pattern and the other is behind by one.

You tap the blue wire to ground to cycle forward a pattern. Do this to both blue wires until you find one that you like. To make them alternate, just hold one of the blue wires to ground for 3 seconds. The lighthead will stop flashing and then either go steady burn for a moment on either all the LEDs or half of the LEDs. In your case, either 3 or 6 LEDs will go steady.

If 6 light up, then you are in MASTER mode. If 3 light up, then you are in SLAVE mode. To alternate, one lighthead must show 6 LEDs lit and the other, 3 LEDs lit.

After you hold for 3 seconds, if the head shows 6 LEDs when it should be 3 LEDs, then hold it to ground again for 3 seconds. It will then show 3 LEDs and your lightheads should now alternate.

Connect both blue wires together so they will stay in sync.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
Setting them both to steady burn gives you a starting point to be able to cycle through the patterns on both lightheads at the same time without losing the synchronization because one lighthead is on the next pattern and the other is behind by one.

You tap the blue wire to ground to cycle forward a pattern. Do this to both blue wires until you find one that you like. To make them alternate, just hold one of the blue wires to ground for 3 seconds. The lighthead will stop flashing and then either go steady burn for a moment on either all the LEDs or half of the LEDs. In your case, either 3 or 6 LEDs will go steady.

If 6 light up, then you are in MASTER mode. If 3 light up, then you are in SLAVE mode. To alternate, one lighthead must show 6 LEDs lit and the other, 3 LEDs lit.

After you hold for 3 seconds, if the head shows 6 LEDs when it should be 3 LEDs, then hold it to ground again for 3 seconds. It will then show 3 LEDs and your lightheads should now alternate.

Connect both blue wires together so they will stay in sync.

So i got them to alternate. If I connect the blue wire now, will they still alternate or flash all at once?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.