HELP Vertex Wiring F*&$ed up by Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
GOT BOTH FIXED AND WORKING

Many Thanks.

My 2 Whelen Vertexes were installed by my departments authorized "PRO". He screwed that up. I am trying to figure how to salvage these lights. I can get them to light up one side or the other, but not both and can't get them to flash 6 at a time. I have tried to hook up the remaining wires back the way they came from factory, but I am afraid to screw it up more. 2012-03-19_20-04-50_906[1].jpg

ANY HELP IS Appreciated

2012-03-19_20-05-22_297[1].jpg

2012-03-19_20-05-00_664[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 14, 2012
South Georgia
this "pro" cut the wires between the bulb and flasher. just connect the wires back with butt splices or better yet solider and shrink wrap. Im not promising they will work again, dunno if doing this if he damaged anything but its worth a shot.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I would make the idiot buy you new ones!!

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
downsouthtattoos said:
this "pro" cut the wires between the bulb and flasher. just connect the wires back with butt splices or better yet solider and shrink wrap. Im not promising they will work again, dunno if doing this if he damaged anything but its worth a shot.

Ok, I just got home with a solider iron and will see what I can do.

Thanks,

Scuba:eek:

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
in the picture you have posted it looks to me that the lamp driver is backwards the black wire on the head seems much thicker than the black wire coming out of the driver where the but splice is

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
I got one working and will try the second one in morning. I did notice the lamp drivers had been removed on some the one the department bought and then reattached. No telling what was done to mine. I would love to make him buy me a new set, except for the part where he is the Patrol Lt. etc. etc.

Thanks everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.