help with a motorola systems 9000 switch box

doccj

Mar 4, 2013
Penna
OK I have a Motorola systems 9000 switch panel. This was removed from a retired fire engine. All that we have is the switch box, no remote relay box or wiring. The question dropped on my desk was to make this work in a new/used utility truck. It is compact and makes it easier to hide the box with the relays. What I am looking for is what pin does what, as power, ground, switches. Yes this has the 6 on/off and 2 moment switches.

Thanks

BARNEY R

May 24, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY NY
Here you go

DB25 Pin Description

1 A+ for lamp power

2 SW5 N.O.

3 SW5 Common

4 SW5 N.C.

5 SW7 N.O.

6 SW7 Common (Momentary)

7 SW7 N.C.

8 SW8 N.O.

9 SW8 Common (Momentary)

10 SW8 N.C.

11 SW3 N.O.

12 SW3 Common

13 SW3 N.C.

14 SW6 N.C.

15 SW6 Common

16 SW6 N.O.

17 Ground for lamps

18 SW4 Common

19 SW4 N.O.

Note: SW4 N.C. contact is not brought out to the connector

20 SW1 N.O.

21 SW1 Common

22 SW1 N.C.

23 SW2 N.C.

24 SW2 Common

25 SW2 N.O.

doccj

Mar 4, 2013
Penna
I don't see any power in to the switch other then the back light. So I'm to be leave this is running something less then 12 vdc and less than a 1/2 amp like a micro switch in a computer.

Sorry I have never tried to mess with this other then replacing parts. This panel was just replaced 4 years ago and has not seen a lot of use. My company had a different guy pull this panel out and left everything else, truck is now gone and they want it in.

What I was looking to do is control some 12vdc relays with the switch panel.

Thanks

have any ideas let me know.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold on there before you do ANYTHING.

Confirm what box you have by the model number on the back:

HLN1196A or HLN1241A

Or

HLN1196B

If you have one of the first two, you are good. If you have the latter, you have the wrong one.

You want a wildcard (dek) box. Syntor X9000 How you described it, it sounds like you MAY have the siren controller box. That will not do the same function. Please note every switch is rated well below one amp, so you will most likely need relays.

twl911

May 21, 2010
Vermont, USA
The pin outs are provided above, and at the link provided as well. You have to provide power (or ground) to each switch individually. The switches are rated at a max of 250mA each and must use relays. If you do not understand the connector pin out provided with terms of N.C. N. O. and common the job of building a wiring harness from scratch is probably not for you.

doccj

Mar 4, 2013
Penna
This is the HLN1196b. The box is labeled strobe,wig wag,flashers etc. And when this was in the old truck it only worked the lights on the truck. The siren was on a different box.. I'll work on posting a picture of the front and rear of this switch box.

I had a feeling that this box was not set up for a lot of amps and could only handle 1/2 amp or less.

Thanks

I am not giving up. I will just take my time and learn as much as I can.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.