Help with Code 3 3050 undercover siren.. need it fixed

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I have a code 3 3050 ( same as 3000 just with air horn, wail, yelp). It is in my 1997 GMC SUBURBAN( main POV) and just recently the Yelp quit working.. i hate just running wail up to an intersection.. i bypassed the switches and directly to the box, i couldnt get it to work.. so its not a wiring problem. Has anyone had this problem?? how did you fix it??

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
I can't remember the color coding, but this is how the circuit works: Power travels from the amp to the switch's center post, this post has a jumper between the left & right center posts. When the switch to flipped to Wail, one screw post on the opposite side is energized to produce the wail sound. When the switch to flipped to yelp, the BOTH posts on the opposite side are energized. There should be a jumper from the wail post to the same side yelp..Check all these contentions on the switch plus on the Amp. The below diagram shows how everything is hooked up, but the colors of the wires may be wrong. When I had a 3050, the jumpers were built into the switch, I don't know if it is still that way...

[Broken External Image]:http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/dustymedic/wiring.jpg

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
Yeah.. i checked the switch.. it used to work fine.. and one day it didnt.. no pop, no smoke.. nothing.. just wail and airhorn.. i pulled it out of the truck and bench tested just the unit.. no switches to mess with, and just the wail, and the airhorn worked..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.