Help with Soundoff LED Hide-A-Ways

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
So, I F*CKED UP...I accidentally touched the Ford gray + orange factory "Pattern Wire" to ground while I was playing in the console of my 2013 PI Sedan.

I have four (4) Soundoff Signal Universal Undercover LEDs in the headlights and now they are all on different flash patterns. They were all sync'd (white wires connected through the ford factory harness). Is there away of getting them all back on the same pattern without disconnecting them and doing it individually (which would require me to remove the pushbumper, and front fascia/bumper).

I have hope because if I quickly touch the wire to ground it shuts of one lighthead. If I hold it for about 2 seconds it changes the pattern of another and if I hold it for 3 seconds it sets another one to steady burn.

I fear I already know the answer to this but I'm hoping someone who knows SOS products better then I do can help (these are the first SOS products I've used to date).

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Worked! ...Well, sort of.

3 of the 4 light heads all reset to the default pattern. The other one did too but it's doing a split flash of the default pattern. I apply ground and they all switch to the next flash pattern and stay sync'd but that one light head stays in split mode (it's a solid white light head).

That's 100% better then 4 different patterns. Fortunately it's installed in the corner headlight so I might be able to reach in from the wheel well to grab the wires and "fiddle" with it.

Thanks again for the help.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
TACKLEBERRY said:
Worked! ...Well, sort of.

3 of the 4 light heads all reset to the default pattern. The other one did too but it's doing a split flash of the default pattern. I apply ground and they all switch to the next flash pattern and stay sync'd but that one light head stays in split mode (it's a solid white light head).

That's 100% better then 4 different patterns. Fortunately it's installed in the corner headlight so I might be able to reach in from the wheel well to grab the wires and "fiddle" with it.

Thanks again for the help.

If that happened, that means it wasn't set right from the beginning. You have to physically enter ID mode to change the ID #. Since you didn't do that, then it must mean it was screwed up in the beginning.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.