Help with Unitrol Omega 90 - Dip Switches - List or Diagram?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I opened up my Unitrol Omega 90 Digital Siren Amplifier today because I understood that I could configure a bunch of options by switching on or off the dip switches.

Can anyone tell me the exact purpose or function of each of the 16 dip switches in there? Is there a diagram or a list somewhere in some manual that can be linked to or posted here?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
The Omega manual on fedsig.com has them. Looked at it last week.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
shues said:
I opened up my Unitrol Omega 90 Digital Siren Amplifier today because I understood that I could configure a bunch of options by switching on or off the dip switches.

Can anyone tell me the exact purpose or function of each of the 16 dip switches in there? Is there a diagram or a list somewhere in some manual that can be linked to or posted here?

If you're going to wire the Omega90 siren amplifier up as a secondary, and want it to only sweep, here's a tip. Without using s special Omega controller and just cutting the control harness, tie the orange (wail) and pink (sweep) wire together. Blunt cut and seal all of the other wires in the harness except WHITE.

Open the amplifier and make sure all of the DIP switches in GROUP 1 are ON, including the first one. Numbers 2-8 in GROUP 1 are the sweep tones, so if there's one you don't want, identify which DIP switch it is and turn it off. All of the DIP switches in GROUP 2 can be in the OFF position.

When you're ready to test/use it, connect power, ground and speaker wires, then hook up the WHITE wire (manual) from the harness to a momentary 12 volt switch, and when you press the switch, the siren will activate in sweep mode. Press the switch again to turn it off.

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
Cajun,

Instead of tying the orange (wail) to the pink (sweep), could you tie yelp (whatever color is is) to the pink to get it to sweep from yelp vs. wail?

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
EMSChief1 said:
Cajun,

Instead of tying the orange (wail) to the pink (sweep), could you tie yelp (whatever color is is) to the pink to get it to sweep from yelp vs. wail?

I haven't tried it but I'm assuming it would work. The color for Yelp is RED.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.