HHS2200 Programming - incandescent / white cut off

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
So I'm having trouble figuring this one out....

Here is my current setup:

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c303_minig0d_Misc_20Junk_HHS2200.jpg

Basically Buttons currently do as follows:

REA = all rear lights (including HLF)

FRT= all front lights (including TLF)

ALL = all front, rear, and side lights (basically every light on vehicle including HLF & TLF)

A/H = airhorn

WA = wail

YLP = yelp

HLF = HLF

MAN = manual

CUT = the button I'm trying to figure out... I want this one to cut off the HLF and TLF from the REA,FRT,ALL buttons

L-A = Left Arrow (Traffic Adviser)

TD = Takedowns

R-A = Right Arrow (Traffic Adviser)

So as you can see above... I'm trying to have a single button to kill incandescent lights (white) from the REA, FRT, and ALL buttons... I have it currently set to have the correct inputs turned to off when the button is on... but I guess the top buttons are overriding it... (the button has no effect)... The other thing I tried was making that CUT a TLF button and just having the HLF and TLF buttons activated with the FRT and REAR buttons (respectively)... but doing so, the FRT turns on the HLF button when activated but doesn't turn it off....

I'm trying to maintain control so I can have the HLF and TLF be able to be killed so I can run the LEDS for a longer time without the vehicle running (like doing a road extra job....) But I'd still like for them to come on automatically with FRT/REA/ALL and kill automatically with them so I didn't have to press two buttons each time....

I also like being able to have HLF on its own control so I can turn it on without colored LEDs but this isn't an absolute requirement....

Any suggestions (using creative programming... not using relays and extra switches)?

(only other thing I can see short of the above is having a separate HLF, FRONT and REAR LED only buttons probably by moving both T/A functions onto one button)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
If I'm not mistaken can't you set up an input as a park kill? I never played with the feature but I thought it was there. I don't have the controller anymore as I now have the 4200

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Kd8bao said:
If I'm not mistaken can't you set up an input as a park kill? I never played with the feature but I thought it was there. I don't have the controller anymore as I now have the 4200

Interesting idea but I don't think id want to kill the TLF just when the vehicle was in park. But I suppose that could be wired to a toggle switch for those situations although not the most elegant solution. Definitely an idea!

ranair911

Jun 30, 2010
(near Toronto), Ontario
Here's an idea;

1: Have the FRT and REA buttons do led only.

2: Have the ALL button turn on the TLF and HLF and the takedown and alley lights and FRT and REA.

3: Replace the CUT button with TLF.

4: Program the HLF button to turn off the ALL button

5: Program the TLF button to turn off the ALL button.

I am unsure of why you would want to have your takedown and alley lights on when you are driving. Most setups have them operating only when stationary.

You can turn off the TLF or HLF and the takedown and alley lights independently and turn everything back on by hitting the ALL button.

Regards, Ran

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
ranair911 said:
Here's an idea;

1: Have the FRT and REA buttons do led only.

2: Have the ALL button turn on the TLF and HLF and the takedown and alley lights and FRT and REA.

3: Replace the CUT button with TLF.

4: Program the HLF button to turn off the ALL button

5: Program the TLF button to turn off the ALL button.

I am unsure of why you would want to have your takedown and alley lights on when you are driving. Most setups have them operating only when stationary.

You can turn off the TLF or HLF and the takedown and alley lights independently and turn everything back on by hitting the ALL button.

Regards, Ran

Doing that setup above means that if I hit ALL then I have to turn off like 5 buttons to turn it off though... if I'm reading it right... and it isn't what I am wanting to achieve if my logic is right? (but it has been a LONG day)

I don't have Alleys... I think you misread the description... L-A = left ARROW and R-A is right ARROW as in traffic adviser... and no takedowns don't need to come on with all button only with the TD button...

OPTIMALLY this is what I'm trying to achieve:

1) ALL should be front led, rear led, and side led + HLF & TLF....

2) I'd also like to be able to turn on front and rear LED only without the HLF & TLF

3) I'd also like to be able to turn on HLF alone without any LED

ranair911

Jun 30, 2010
(near Toronto), Ontario

ALL = all front, rear, and side lights (basically every light on vehicle including HLF & TLF)

A/H = airhorn

WA = wail

YLP = yelp

HLF = HLF

MAN = manual

CUT = the button I'm trying to figure out... I want this one to cut off the HLF and TLF from the REA,FRT,ALL buttons

L-A = Left Alley

TD = Takedowns

R-A = Right Alley

I see "Left Alley" and "Right Alley". You need to be careful how you post things. I know you know what you meant but that is not what you said.

You can have the setup you want very easily. Just don't add the traffic arrow or takedown functions to the ALL button.

Have the side leds come on with the REA button and follow the rest of my suggestion and you will be good to go.

It will look like this.

REA - Rear and Side leds only.

FRT - Front leds only.

ALL - Front and Rear and Side leds. TLF and HLF.

A/H - Airhorn

WAI - Wail

YLP - Yelp

HLF - Headlight Flasher

MAN - Manual Siren

TLF - Taillight Flasher

L-A - Left Arrow

TD - Takedowns

R-A - Right Arrow

To turn everything off just push and hold any key 2 seconds and all the functions will stop. Read the explanations on the ARM Software.

Ran

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
ranair911 said:

A/H = airhorn

WA = wail

YLP = yelp

HLF = HLF

MAN = manual

L-A = Left Alley

TD = Takedowns

R-A = Right Alley

I see "Left Alley" and "Right Alley". You need to be careful how you post things. I know you know what you meant but that is not what you said.

You can have the setup you want very easily. Just don't add the traffic arrow functions to the ALL button.

Have the side leds come on with the REA button and follow the rest of my suggestion and you will be good to go.

Ran

Oops. Apologies I must have been delirious. I'll give it a shot and see how it does.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.