High-Rise (Multi-Level) lights

deelony

Site Regular
Older mcdermotts had a problems with the pods coming loose. simply tighten the nut by popping the plastic cover off below the pod and tighten. As for wiring all the bulbs are grounded to the lightbar frame. any wires coming from the arms put positive to and ground the bar.

deelony

Site Regular
that new highway bar in going to be the the vicinity of 5-6 grand i promise you

CHIEFOPS

More than 2 light modules per arm is overkill, all that's needed for an effective, coherent warning signal is 4 lights facing front and rear

lb101

I say 3 per arm which the low end has plus the built-in ta. The nice thing is they have side protection in both positions.

lafd55

Veteran Member
And also The state police is running the new McDermott as well which is painted same color blue with a liberty

Last edited:

JoeD

Denver, CO PD uses a version of a riser bar. Used to be made by Super Vac but not able to find any info. In fairness, have not dug deep. I bought an old one at auction. It had an all light MX7000 and a Whelen TA mounted to it with the factory 6 inch oval TA built on the riser.
This pic is at Denver International Airport.

View attachment 155244
You still have a photo of that car?

John211

Gentlemen, Visited the McDermott factory in Brooklyn recently. They have dozens of the old riser bars stacked up on shelves. When called for he restores them to original configuration and sells them for about $1800. He also makes the LED riser bars currently used by FDNY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
ctilley
Top Bottom