HLF for Chevy Silverado

mulletpatrol

Aug 12, 2010
I'M ON A BOAT!!!
Does anyone know whether the headlights in a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 are positive or negative side switched? I can't get a straight answer out of my local Chevrolet dealership and when I spoke to tech support at SOS they advised they didn't have current specs. Any insight would be appreciated.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I would imagine that they are positive switched... I'm pretty sure all Chevy trucks are positive switched, but I could be mistaken...

BlueLineEnt

May 23, 2010
Danvers, MA
I just did an 09 and they were positively switched. I don't believe any changes have been made, as no revisions have really been made since 08 to that style.

occram

Sep 22, 2010
New Jersey
mulletpatrol said:
Does anyone know whether the headlights in a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 are positive or negative side switched? I can't get a straight answer out of my local Chevrolet dealership and when I spoke to tech support at SOS they advised they didn't have current specs. Any insight would be appreciated.
I'm assuming that positively switched means that the +VDC runs to the headlights first, then the switch is part of the ground loop? I'm just trying to educate myself here...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.