HLF in 2008 Ford Edge

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
I did try searching the forum for my answer before posting this...I was unable to locate the answer I needed..

I'm trying to install a HLF in a 2008 Ford Edge but I have no clue if the system is Positive or Negative switched. Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
It's a positive-side switched system.

If you look at the Sound Off flasher compatibility reference, you won't find the Edge listed. However, you will see that every single Ford vehicle listed that year has a a positive-side switched system. This is how I got started when I wired one up on a 2010 (I think) Edge a couple of years ago. I double-checked my educated guess using a voltmeter before installing the HLF.

I was amazed at just how tiny the headlight wires were. Something like 20 AWG, maybe 18 AWG at the biggest.

Reactions: firefighter31

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
It's a positive-side switched system.

If you look at the Sound Off flasher compatibility reference, you won't find the Edge listed. However, you will see that every single Ford vehicle listed that year has a a positive-side switched system. This is how I got started when I wired one up on a 2010 (I think) Edge a couple of years ago. I double-checked my educated guess using a voltmeter before installing the HLF.

I was amazed at just how tiny the headlight wires were. Something like 20 AWG, maybe 18 AWG at the biggest.

Thank you sir. I have a whelen HLF I'm going to install.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.