hlf on revers lights? will it work

May 23, 2013
nc
i just got done putting strobes in my tail lights but was wondering if i could put my sho-me hlf on my reverse lights to make em wigwag, and just put the wire that comes off of my reverse light harness on the over-ride part of the flasher to let it go back to reverse lights?

it seems possable, but state cops dont like clear to the back so i dunno if i should even attempt it, i dont see why it wont work, just gotta figure out how to cut it off when on scene

or if wigwag reverse lights would look right or not

CVengence

Aug 6, 2013
Durham, NC
tacomabanga19861986 said:
i just got done putting strobes in my tail lights but was wondering if i could put my sho-me hlf on my reverse lights to make em wigwag, and just put the wire that comes off of my reverse light harness on the over-ride part of the flasher to let it go back to reverse lights?

it seems possable, but state cops dont like clear to the back so i dunno if i should even attempt it, i dont see why it wont work, just gotta figure out how to cut it off when on scene

or if wigwag reverse lights would look right or not

Yes it will work. I have one hooked to my DRLs and one hooked to my reverse lights.

Sent while driving.

May 23, 2013
nc
would fast wig wag be better or the slow cause mine has 2 settings, and do bulbs last any different flashing like this vs the normal way?

CVengence

Aug 6, 2013
Durham, NC
tacomabanga19861986 said:
would fast wig wag be better or the slow cause mine has 2 settings, and do bulbs last any different flashing like this vs the normal way?

The bulb life will be shorter. And my reverse lights ramp up and down so fast or slow would work.

Sent while driving.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I really can't wait for the HLF hater to chime in on this one.

Yeah... most of them will work fine. Galls had a great thing called the traffic backer. It was pretty effective. I loved it even though I am sure I'll be jumped on shortly then get a nasty PM (please remember to read my signature) :D

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I'm a big fan of the traffic backer, or any system that alternates the brake lights and back up lights.

I've done wig wag and HLF's on back up lamps many times. As with any light, a slower flash is better as it gives the bulb more 'on' time. A fast flash does not.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
I have done it a few times, worked like a charm every time. I had a Code 3 711 flasher on my old truck, it looked really good.

May 23, 2013
nc
ya, i love how the code 3 711 flasher flash's, my code 3 360 bar didn't have on in it, just normal back n forth

ied love to get my hands on one if i can find it

i have fog lights mounted under my rear bumper for extra reverse lighting, i might add the flasher to them

i want a flasher to flash the brake lights against the reverse lights but might just leave it alone for a while, strobes in tail lights are bright at night so i might just work on getting a ta for rear window, dunno if people would pay attention to it tho

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.