Holmes Beach Florida Police

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice truck! I love the custom graphics.....and then I see the lame-ass, generic red Dial 911 sticker

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
You will be surprised how many people dont know how to dial 911.... I worked for a small PD here in South Texas and we had a "non emergency community cell phone" that every officer on shift would carry so that citizens having questions would call that would direct to the officer on shift... Well most people would call that when someone was getting stabbed or burglarized or beaten or dying instead of calling 911... One time the battery died on the phone and all hell broke loose i had people coming to the police department to make contact with the officer beacuse they needed the police or the ambulance and they did not know how to contact the officer. I also had the Chief of Police get mad at me because people were calling in complaning that they could not contact the police for emergencys.......

So in my opinion the BIGGER THE BRIGHTER you can put that 911 sign the better.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Love the trucks but agree with the dial 911 decals... They make some of those dial 911 decals that aren't as cheesy looking...

WSCLEFF001_FLAG-01.jpg

These next two, any vinyl shop can cut for really cheap... (<$20 a pair)

[Broken External Image]:http://www.vspgraphics.com/images/dynamic/em911.gif

$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q8(LBQfj9HQRNw~~60_3.JPG

or at least get the blue and white version of the same one you have if the brass wants nostalgia...

awww.galls.com_photos_styles_DE088_500_1.JPG

But I think this is the PERFECT one for those trucks... (But I'd definitely put it where the American Flags are now... I'd say if there was any room without looking too cheesy move them to the front fenders... but otherwise just flip the location... it looks so much better at the back)

Pre-Made on eBay: Reflective Dial 911 Decal 6 40 x 9 70 | eBay

!CEN7GE!CWk~$(KGrHqQOKo8E0U64M8QhBNRM3sw)4!~~_12.JPG

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Then it is time for the Community relations officer to get out and do his/her job. Remember when 911 first came out and they mailed everyone and handed out to everyone those "911" stickers to put on your phones? My gosh people have to be flat out STUPID to not know what 911 is now a days. Do we really still have people like that out there!?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
RyanZ71 said:
Do we really still have people like that out there!?

Hi, you must be new here. I'd like to introduce you to the general public... :D

Reactions: whatevah

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
RyanZ71 said:
Then it is time for the Community relations officer to get out and do his/her job. Remember when 911 first came out and they mailed everyone and handed out to everyone those "911" stickers to put on your phones? My gosh people have to be flat out STUPID to not know what 911 is now a days. Do we really still have people like that out there!?

We ditched them on ours in the 90's. At this point if you don't know to call 911, you've got bigger issues in life than the situation at hand.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
I really like the custom graphics. My only thought is maybe the wave shouldn't be reflective. I'd like the police and maybe the city name to be the brightest reflective thing you see. I also agree with all above regarding the 911 sticker. Get a custom one and flip places with the American flag. Thanks for the post.

NoVAFed

Dec 28, 2011
Earth, USA, Northern VA
Station 3 said:
You will be surprised how many people dont know how to dial 911.... I worked for a small PD here in South Texas and we had a "non emergency community cell phone" that every officer on shift would carry so that citizens having questions would call that would direct to the officer on shift... Well most people would call that when someone was getting stabbed or burglarized or beaten or dying instead of calling 911... One time the battery died on the phone and all hell broke loose i had people coming to the police department to make contact with the officer beacuse they needed the police or the ambulance and they did not know how to contact the officer. I also had the Chief of Police get mad at me because people were calling in complaning that they could not contact the police for emergencys.......

So in my opinion the BIGGER THE BRIGHTER you can put that 911 sign the better.

Good grief! Words fail me and the public worries me.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
patrol530 said:
It's Florida, need to remind the tourists not to dial 999.

They probably should get a decal that has a picture of a telephone on it also, to remind the locals to use a phone rather than trying to dial their shoes and other non-telephonic devices...

ph.gif

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
Some pictures of my new cruiser, 2013 Ford F-150, XLT. Whelen liberty R/B, slimlighter on dash R/B, twin ions in the grille R/B,ions on rear and side of tool box R/B, Whelen dual LED spot lamp white/blue, R/B ions on side of push bumper. R/B. LAWs in front turn signal light, red LAWs in tail lights, Decatur camera system, stalker dual DSR 2X RADAR, AR -15 with shotgun rack

image-2988288371.jpg

image-3610988201.jpg

image-1648326954.jpg

image-2430983138.jpg

image-1318617841.jpg

image-2288600830.jpg

image-742034091.jpg

image-2488675840.jpg

image-1533938242.jpg

image-3999203804.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Beautiful truck, and I would love to see a vid (hopefully no split fail).

Question: why F150's (which I happen to love) instead of a sedan or SUV?...Are you primarily a marine or beach unit?

And just to clarify on my comment a while back: I was saying that the ugly, generic decal choice itself was mad lame, not the fact that it said Dial 911. I FULLY encourage all marked emergeny vehicles to have "Dial 911" somewhere on the unit, but I would've gone with the same blue font that they used for the rest of the unit. Hopefully you will have some luck soon in convincing admins that the generic sticker is not a real tradition or that it's a tradition that they can live without. For the upfitters/graphics shop guys, does anyone know the name of that font? (It's one of my favorites)

11b101abn said:
I dislike the graphics, and that they do not have a separate left/right package for the POLICE lettering.

If you want to have a mirror image on the opposite side, you won't be able to read the graphics, so it's as uniform as they can get it

:-/

exphillycop

Apr 18, 2012
Holmes Beach, Florida
All of our cruisers are F-150's....... I am told since we are a beach town and flooding is bad, it is done for the clearance and also you can put bikes, crab pots, kayaks and any other thing recovered from the beach....

Believe it or not, no split fail at all, the truck was bought and up fitted by Bartow Ford and is done quite well. Working on a video, bit I work nights and the glare is bad. Truck also has a HLF.

image-3182393072.jpg

Here is our marine unit, all of our trucks can pull it....

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Nice graphics.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.