home made solaris/responder

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I was bored and had spare parts laying around and built this. It's not perfect or very pretty but it's bright as hell with 8 Solaris heads in it and a fed sig Inteliflasher. The shell is a Whelen Responder shell I had and still uses the factory cigarette plug and wiring. I might use this to respond or might just donate it to our dept for a duce in a half military truck we have that needs lights.

Home made mini emergency lightbar:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
a rotator from a cadet or pancake might fit in that empty space well.

Reactions: Station 3

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I was bored and had spare parts laying around and built this. It's not perfect or very pretty but it's bright as hell with 8 Solaris heads in it and a fed sig Inteliflasher. The shell is a Whelen Responder shell I had and still uses the factory cigarette plug and wiring. I might use this to respond or might just donate it to our dept for a duce in a half military truck we have that needs lights.

Home made mini emergency lightbar:

Isn't amazing what one can build when bored to death and spare parts laying around

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Did you burn your truck down yet?

No I had someone else install the lights not you remember.

The bar is SOLD by the way $100 to a local Volly FIrefighter

I think that's cheap since it has one ENTIRE Federal Signal ILS bar inside that little whelen responder shell. This thing throws crazy amount of light.

Reactions: chief1562

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
There's room in the top of that bar for one of these:

attachicon.gif
tortilla-warmer.jpg
As long as the stuff in there is homemade and none of that store bought crap.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I had a store-bought one the other day, and I thought the tortillas in the package had been replaced with cardboard discs.

barf.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.