homemade visibar

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
I am going to make a visibar with 2 model 14's for my collection .What is the correct measurements on the bar ? any help would be appreciated .

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
IIRC, it's a 54"L x 1.5"H x1.5"W square aluminum bar. Securing the beacons' bases on the bar won't be hard, I'm sure, as self-tapping short screws were used (not entirely sure, need conformation on this).

Are you planning on putting mounting feet on the bottom as well? I know that if you want adjustable mounts, the original Visibars have a 6 to 7 in, machine-cut channel on each side in the center of the bottom, starting I believe 3/4 in away from the end of the bar so that you could adjust the feet more in or farther out to fit on the roof of a vehicle properly before tightening them down. How to do that yourself without taking the aluminum bar to a machine shop is a new one for me:confused:.

Here's Eric6913's CT-1 Visibar, showing the bottom profile of the aluminum bar:

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_CT10.jpg

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
I have a plain visibar, no endcaps, no mounts, that I could send you for shipping costs. The beacons mounted with 1/4- 20 bolts, 1/2 inch long, there are pressed in inserts in the bar, to thread the screws into.

Clarence

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
No problem, Rick:cool: . Keep us updated on your project!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.