Honda Fit 2010 *Wrecked*

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
*Update - Wrecked Nov 4th, 2015*

I figure before I show up on the Whack-tastic thread, I should at least post my car here first!

Vehicle Purpose - PoV - I'm a technical contractor for a municipality and work on Fleet issues, primary with sewer inspection remotely piloted devices.

The city made a deal, I buy the lights, they install them.

All lighting is Whelen and amber.

Mounted on the vehicle-

Forward:

2 Wide-Angle ION on the grill

UHF2150A hooked to Fog Lamps

Top: Mini Justice (including amber warning alley lights)

Rear:

2 Wide-Angle ION mounted inside around the third brake light.

Switch Box: Just some toggle switches

I unfortunately lost the photos taken during the up-fit, but it was fairly simple to do. My installer did a wonderful job , except on one antenna, but that one wasn't his fault as another installer drilled that hole.

We took a magnetic Whelen Justice that I purchased from Retired1 here at ELB, and debated on perm mount vs magnets. We went with the magnets and a single hole as the magnets had previously proven to be extremely dependable. Also I'm not worried about resale value.

And everyone's favorite part, pictures and video!

Please note - Video was taken before adjustments made to the front IONs.

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

newfront.jpg

Last edited:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Looks pretty cleanly done. I take it this is more for stationary warning so you don't get schmucked when you are working? And for us blinky freaks, a video would be appreciated if you have the capabilities to make one. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: kitn1mcc

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
Yup!  Pretty much the only time I have them active while driving is when I approach the work site.  And video added!

Looks pretty cleanly done. I take it this is more for stationary warning so you don't get schmucked when you are working? And for us blinky freaks, a video would be appreciated if you have the capabilities to make one. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: tsquale

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
They are mounted to the headliner inside the car, that way if I need to lift the tailgate, I still have something visible to the rear.

They put in a couple of self-tapping screws to help hold the headliner in place

Are those rear ions mounted to the hatch, or inside the car?

That is how I am looking to mount Cobra T6's on my Fit.

Reactions: Doug

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
Updated!  After getting my nose crunched in by a drive-thru moron (sadly didn't have the dash cam on for that one, a repaired bumper is in place and I've relocated the ION's off the license plate bracket and onto the grill.  I need to level them again, the plastic grill has distorted some.  Or come up with a metal bracket type instead.

Storm82

Dec 16, 2014
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
Updated! After getting my nose crunched in by a drive-thru moron (sadly didn't have the dash cam on for that one, a repaired bumper is in place and I've relocated the ION's off the license plate bracket and onto the grill. I need to level them again, the plastic grill has distorted some. Or come up with a metal bracket type instead.
You mean more distorted than it was from the factory? Lol.

It was a PITA to mount my T3's to the grille of my '11, because of the shape.

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
It is with great sadness that I post the following pictures.

I was rear-ended while driving to dinner and knocked unconscious .  Thankfully no one was seriously injured, but my car is no more.  And in case anyone ever wondered, magnets might hold on at 70+mph, but a 40mph impact will make it fly off and rip out the circuit board.

IMG_1762.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
So, is that broken justice for sale?

Glad you are OK< that looks like more than a 40mph hit!

kitsune86

Jul 12, 2013
Texas
So, is that broken justice for sale?

Glad you are OK< that looks like more than a 40mph hit!

Funnily enough, other than the circuit board, all the light heads are in working order.   But I'm going to keep it as a memento to the car.

I've not gotten the police report yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was faster.  People in Dallas drive stupid :(

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Cars can be replaced, people cant. Luckily you werent injured. Definitely keep that as a momento ...
I have a couple T3 lights from my first upfit that was wrecked when I got to roll in it. The only lights left were the T3s, everything else got crushed.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.