Honolulu EMS responding. NICE SYNC

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Honolulu EMS responding. I really like the use of sync all over the bus. i love the front how its all red, then all white. Huge footprints of light. Very effective IMO.

For the rear, i would prefer that the two white 700s, were blue instead. but other then that i think its a really nice set-up.

:thumbsup:

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
I like the flash pattern except for the top lights on the sides. Even though they are alternating with the light in the center of the box, I always preferred that the top lights alternate so that one is always on. I think it makes the side more visible instead of having those few seconds of darkness across the top. Just a personal preference, nothing at all wrong with the way it is.

Also - I think blue is LE only in Hawaii - so blue on the rear would be a no no. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or that has changed.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Yeah, blue is PD in HI. I was just saying, in a perfect world ....

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Like a lot of people not a fan of white to the rear, although considering the small amount in relation to the amount of red it's not a real issue. I agree about the side warning, it took a couple of seconds to notice the lower light, maybe if it was a larger light it would be better. Really liked the amber turn signal repeaters on the box, smart thinking. Very well done.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Storm4200 said:
Yeah, blue is PD in HI. I was just saying, in a perfect world ....

Gotcha. I still kind of like the old school lighting scheme where red/white is Fire / EMS and Blue is LE. It may lose a little effectiveness in some situations, but the "tradition" aspect of it is something that is slipping away in many locations.

Of course, when I grew up, police only had red, and fire had red/white. Blue was a volley on his way to the firehouse. How times have changed. Police changed to red/blue and took the volley lights away in our area sometime in the late 60's / early 70's when I was growing up in MD.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i dont mind the white to the rear at all, as it adds a really nice contrast. especially with all that red

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
MESDA6 said:
Gotcha. I still kind of like the old school lighting scheme where red/white is Fire / EMS and Blue is LE. It may lose a little effectiveness in some situations, but the "tradition" aspect of it is something that is slipping away in many locations.

Of course, when I grew up, police only had red, and fire had red/white. Blue was a volley on his way to the firehouse. How times have changed. Police changed to red/blue and took the volley lights away in our area sometime in the late 60's / early 70's when I was growing up in MD.

beh, to tradition. this is what tradition in Michigan gets you.

mich137lw9.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i LOVE the sync job!!!!! it's about damn time that there was one that looked good and made sense (i guess we're just used to seeing too many flash pattern F-ups)

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
Not a fan of the rear. LOTS of red alternating with a twinkle of white. They should've ditched the white in the rear, and put a bunch of amber back there, and alternated the two.

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
I miss the old sirens the ambulances in Honolulu had back in the 80's when I was vacationing there. Mobile Life Support (as they were called back then) ran Unitrol 480K dual-modes. It was the first time I ever heard them in person and I was sold!

IshyFlynn

Feb 8, 2012
Maine
Storm4200 said:
i dont mind the white to the rear at all, as it adds a really nice contrast. especially with all that red

Agreed. It looks nice and doesnt seem blinding.

BUT blue should be allowed on all emergency vehicles regardless.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Nice setup. Only change would be the rear, eliminate the white and instead flash the red against the amber. EMSA here has a setup similar, only it's red against blue to the front and sides and red against amber to the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Hollywood said:
Nice setup. Only change would be the rear, eliminate the white and instead flash the red against the amber. EMSA here has a setup similar, only it's red against blue to the front and sides and red against amber to the rear.

The only thing I'd change about that is have the red grille lights flash together with the blue up top. I'd love to see the sides and rear if possible.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Hollywood said:

Yes, red and amber to the rear would be much better, AND it would be SAE compliant, which with the white to rear, isn't.

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
nerdly_dood said:
The only thing I'd change about that is have the red grille lights flash together with the blue up top. I'd love to see the sides and rear if possible.

I'd make one of the grille lights blue and flash that with the blue up top.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
nerdly_dood said:

There are some where the grill lights flash together, yet I don't recall which set they are sync'd to up top. The sides have red on the upper corners, two blue in the upper middle and two red just above the wheel wheel to the front edge and back edge. Same pattern as the front, red against the blue. The rear has the same Lightbar as the front, just replace the blue with amber.

Best video I could find on YouTube. Arrival is around the 3:00 mark, side and rear visible between 10:00 and 11:30 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
Looks good other then TOO much red firing off at once. I'd alternate the side top lights on box, switch 1/3 of red in rear to amber, clears to Blue. To front IDK why but it looks like TO much of the red is firing to to little of the white with to much down time.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
C420sailor said:
Not a fan of the rear. LOTS of red alternating with a twinkle of white. They should've ditched the white in the rear, and put a bunch of amber back there, and alternated the two.

agree with this 100% ... the rear doesnt make much sense to me however the front looks good. Nice looking units!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.