"Ford Tahoe"... Reporter fail.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looks bad-ass!! the single talon on the dash is a waste IMO

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Well with the CVPI departure the Tahoe is the only way to go to get the same body on frame performance. Sure the Caprice is nice, but nothing like a Tahoe for intimidation factor. Looks great in B&W and good to see another big city going to B&W.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I wonder if the Ford sedan is another mistake by the reporter. The Taurus ppv is not for sale yet, or even in production. I'm thinking they ment the Caprice. I always liked the solid baby blue cop cars, nothing screamed Houston better.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
HILO said:
I wonder if the Ford sedan is another mistake by the reporter. The Taurus ppv is not for sale yet, or even in production. I'm thinking they ment the Caprice. I always liked the solid baby blue cop cars, nothing screamed Houston better.

Those definitely stud out.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
HILO said:

I think Ford has Police Interceptors (both Sedan and Utility) for demo. Being a huge city, I am sure it wouldnt be hard to get one.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
FireEMSPolice said:
I think Ford has Police Interceptors (both Sedan and Utility) for demo. Being a huge city, I am sure it wouldnt be hard to get one.

I know Ford has a couple of demo/ show cars, but they are still testing pre production vehicles, and no manufacture in their right mind would give a pre production car out for real time patrol use. Way too much liability. And a pre production car would have a lot of conditions attached to use, so it would not have a fair evaluation. Also, if HPD was testing a Taurus, they would also be testing an Explore PPV, stands to reason. I'm betting its Tahoe, Charger, and caprice. All RWD.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Nice!

I wonder when the production Ford units will start coming out? At Police Fleet Expo, they said production was starting in January.

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
The article in reference to the Ford Sedan AKA Ford Interceptor(Taurus) is correct. It is "rumored" that the release could be around April 2012. In fact the 2007 Chevy Tahoe was released in 4/07 and the 2011 Dodge Charger was released back in 4/2011 as well. April seems to always have been a target year for some reason. The Ford Interceptor has already been tested at the Michigan State Police Test for 2012 and did really well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.