How bright are the white scene modes on dual color LEDs?

TM3

Feb 8, 2023
USA
Hi. I'm setting some lights for the back of my car using dual function. White for reverse or scene and amber flashing for warning. But I want the white reverse/scene to be more useful than gimicky. Does anyone have experience with how bright the white steady burn functions are for these common dual function lights?
  • Whelen Ion Duo or Trio
  • Feniex Quad
  • Strobes N' More TailGator

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
We have Ion Duos on one of our squads and the white steady burn does put out a nice amount of light. I have no experience with the others. The neighboring agency uses the SoundOff Signal mpower fascia lights in duo and they are also very good for what you're looking at doing.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I put T-Ion duos on the rear of almost every squad that I build. The white only gets used for reverse. It’s definitely helpful, but nowhere near as bright as a dedicated white light. One thing to note about Ions: when you set them to steady, upon initial turn on, they are at full brightness. After, I believe 5 or so seconds, they will dim down. This is a built in protection feature. I think its to avoid overheating the lighthead.

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ive got dual color fusions in my bumper they work great.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.