How many have you...

ncfd4303

May 20, 2010
Corning, NY
...removed your lightbars and went to a slick-top setup to gain better gas mileage? I'm pondering it, with a 50 mile commute and it's all highway.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Gas is 4 buck a gallon. If I had a slicktop I would have a lightbar installed on it. LIGHTBAR ALL THE WAY!! lol you don't save that much by taking it off....

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
2002 Durango with the 5.9 litre V8 tow package. I can literally SEE the needle going towards "E" as I drive.

Thank god for take-home K-9 trucks :)

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
I had a full size mx7000 and took it off for gas mileage, and to go undercover. that being said, i went back to a bar on top for 2 reasons. 1, i hate fighting traffic with horrible intersection coverage, and 2, i found a sweet deal on the mini-liberty i have now.

for those with long commutes, or drive a lot on the highway, it will deffinately benefit you in the long run to go slick top. a nice interior bar can go a long way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.