How many of you wash the customers vehicle before delivery?

VII

Mar 28, 2013
MN
Just out of curiousity;

Having a vehicle sit in the shop for a few days can gather a good amount of dust.

Does your company go out to the local car wash before delivery of the vehicle?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Always... Plus its a good double check that everything is sealed properly - Roof, Headlights or taillights etc...

Seth

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
We take ours through a car wash that does the vacuuming and wipe down after, etc. The customers love getting it back smelling and looking clean...and for me that's 12$ well spent.

Skippy

Jul 3, 2010
Florida, USA
Our vendor has a guy come to his shop and wash the cars before they're returned to the customer. I think it's a nice touch.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
As a person who is big in to detailing cars, I am glad people do this.

I wish PD's would go further and clean, wash and detail cars when they go to auction. Put some of those inmates to work at the county garage.

Skippy

Jul 3, 2010
Florida, USA
FireEMSPolice said:
I wish PD's would go further and clean, wash and detail cars when they go to auction.

Our department gets nothing from the sale of a vehicle at auction, so there's little incentive for us to detail it. I remove the emergency equipment and we turn over the keys to the property department. There were years I was sending Crown Vics with no headlights, tail lights or any other part I felt could be used as a spare for the rest of our fleet.

We also tend to run cars until they're on their last leg. Then I'll swap out the blue for amber and assign it to our student CSO program until they kill it. Then it can go to auction.

Reactions: FireMedic19

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.