how much do you spend on vehicle lighting?

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I'm wanting to know what everybody's vehicle lighting expense is. let's say every 6 months. If you're a collector, how much do you spend on your collection?

I'll start out by saying I spend about 400 every 6 months "touching up" my 2 POV's that are very well lit!

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
The last 2-3 years are the first time I've put a lot of time and money into my warning equipment.  Doing the math really quickly, I think I've spent at least $1,000 in the last 2 years.

Like many ELB members, I suffer from perfectionism.  I started out with 1 dash light; then got a nicer dashlight and a minibar from another member of the department.  Then I upgraded the dashlight.  Then I realized I wanted more focused rear warning, so I put a D4 in the back window; then, I switched out the D4 for a different 4 head stick that had a bigger footprint.  Then I replaced the mini-bar with something newer and brighter, and most recently I replaced the warning stick in the rear window with a Whelen Ion lighthead in both top corners of the rear windshield.  It's hard to ever be completely satisfied, especially when you don't have the money to make one big purchase and install all at once.

I keep telling myself that someday when I settle down and know that I'm going to be staying in the same area, with the same department, in the same role for a while, I'm going to just get a full-sized lightbar and call it a day; but I doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
On my new truck 2013 F-150 STX 4X4 I think I installed around 3k worth of lights all new and I had them installed at a shop and everything was new and name brand most of it Feniex.

On my old 2005 F-150 I think I spent like 1k in total.. That truck is now not in use and has been sold.

View attachment 136014

Reactions: PJD642

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I'll upload a video here soon since I "upgraded," lights.

My current package is a CPS UVT Interior lightbar and SnM Triple Threat to the front and a CPS Blaster 6 T3 to the rear. I've gone through an AWL Venom V1, Feniex Cobra 2x, Whelen single Talon, STL Dual Pro, etc etc. 

So far I love the UVT, uber bright and fits my car a ton better than my Venom did. Not sure I call it an upgrad going from AWL to CPS, but as of yet I'm VERY happy.

Anywho. My current setup is around $530, but I have spent more over the years of being on the fire dept. Probably around $1000.

My goal is to eventually move up to all Feniex and my package will cost me around $850.... Without the cost of hardwiring added in.

All in all, there is no price when it comes to safety. We cover a busy section of I70 and if I am forced to POV, I want to be seen.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I took an Edge frame and built a Freedom bar with integral Opticom.  Started off with two RECT-14s in the grille, added two Cobra T6s, and two Titan 5" spots to replace the wigwag flasher on the headlamps (because I got tired of it throwing an error code every time), removed the RECTs & T6s, added SMN Lions to the grille, Apollo F6 heads on the rear license plate, Cannons in the fog lamps & reverse light housings, Microman bar in thew rear window, a couple Rigid D2s...so probably at least $1K by now...

How2075

May 23, 2011
USA/NY
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 and to date I spent about $2300 on equipment and installation fees.

I have the following installed in my truck:

SoundOff Signal 385 handheld siren (now called Nforce 400)

Feniex Pegasus

Feniex Cobra 600

Feniex Cannons x6

Feniex T6 x2

Feniex Apollo F6 x2

Westin Sportsman Brush Guard

The following is waiting to be installed (ran out of funds)

SoundOff HLF

Feniex Apollo 400 

On my new truck 2013 F-150 STX 4X4 I think I installed around 3k worth of lights all new and I had them installed at a shop and everything was new and name brand most of it Feniex.

On my old 2005 F-150 I think I spent like 1k in total.. That truck is now not in use and has been sold.
What brush guard is that?  Also what off road light is that?

Last edited by a moderator:

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I have probably spent less than $500 combined since I started buying lights in 2004.

My buddy got t-boned in an intersection because our dept didn't install corner strobes.  I dropped about $200 and bought corner strobes.  I caught the fever and bought a dual Talon for the front windshield and eventually a couple of deck lights.  I eventually sold the strobes and deck lights and used that money to buy some hideaway LED's and some extra Code 3 LEDX modules for my lightbar.

I bought a FS dual Viper to have 2 window mounted lights for unmarked cars, bringing my total investment up to around $500 out of pocket.

I am now in an unmarked car.  I sold one set of LED hideways and have another set just sitting in my shed.  I traded my Talon for a Slimlighter in the front of my current car.  I sold the Viper to my buddy.  I still have some LEDX modules in my shed too.

My wife is not nearly as understanding as some of y'alls wives are.

Reactions: Station 3

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.